That last Watchtower study about those worthy of a Kingdom

by JimmyPage 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

In that last study about those worthy of a Kingdom isn't it interesting that they say things like "How wonderful to have anointed still left on earth during the Great Tribulation with us." Really? WHY? They currently have nothing to do with the direction we get from the Governing Body. In fact they have no greater insight than many of the great crowd. And also... in that picture on page 23 one of the anointed is portrayed as an elderly woman. So women can't be elders but they can be kings? Also in that picture who knew that Richard Nixon was of the anointed?! :)

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Egyptians used to believe stars were holes in the sky with light shining through from a heaven beyond!

Quite plausible when you look up and imagine nothing else in known!

WT doctrines are like that!

Take a few ideas and string them together and ignore education which contravenes it!

Saying a person is annointed because they feel they are sorta defies all the stuff about study and references which have you giving up your own thoughts and feelings.

I imagine getting bored with the WT could make some say they felt annointed just to enhance their social lives and have everyone inviting them round for tea!

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Most of the people I speak to at the hall consider the "new annointed" to be a joke. Some of us joke that they are "the latter day saints". One benifit of claiming though that I can think of is getting to say kind of strange and off the wall stuff and most people just thinking you are crazy rather than apostate.. :-)

• Gopher
    Gopher
    In that last study about those worthy of a Kingdom isn't it interesting that they say things like "How wonderful to have anointed still left on earth during the Great Tribulation with us." Really? WHY?

So that JW's can idolize the Governing Body. You're right, there's no actual connection between regular JW's who claim to be anointed and the Governing Body. The Governing Body is just saying how wonderful THEY are. The current crop in that Body is mainly a bunch of self-righteous jackasses.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Cant you guys see it? The annoited will rise in the sky and shed their old bodies... then ray-guns will protude from various body places and during Armageddon they will be the equivalent of HALO soldiers...

IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO HAVE THEM!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will say that anything is "wonderful" to make it a privilege to belong to such a terrible organization.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    who knew that Richard Nixon was of the anointed?!

I thought that guy looked familiar!

I actually wondered why nobody really went into any detail about this being new - a brief comment was made but no details. Nothing about 1935, nothing about the May 07 KM. - It was like they never even recalled this change or cared less. I put my hand up 3 times to comment on that one but go figure - I was never picked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit