Heads Up A New Hall Is Coming in Los Angeles - Amharic Congregation

by BBOARD 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

As you all know I am still attending all meeting undercover with my family.

Well the new news around Creshaw is that 6 of our brothers and sisters will be transfering to the new "Amhari (Ethopian) Congregation" which will be near LA High School.

This new hall will start with about 26 members. They hope to recruit more once they get up and running.

What makes me slightly pissed is that they are sending all our 18-24 "youth" (except 3) because by the book the elders believe that Jehovah loves to use the youth for his purpose (since we are still strong) ... and yes MR. D (the 40 year old unmarried virgin in my hall) has also volunteered to go with them! F'ing dumbass! He has a minimum wage job and STILL lives with his mom but he has time for the work of Jehovah and NOT his future ... WTF?!

ALSO - There was a private talk during the TMS about how Ethopian foriegers who just recently arrive to the US are "much easier at bringing the truth to." Those that are settled and make it here dont even bother - YAH! Seems that the borg is still at it trying to fill in new members with the naieve.

I for one will NOT be transfering out of Crenshaw to help anywhere the need is great. MANY elders have contacted me about it but I have so far doged it well. However, I will be stopping by there from time to time to check it out ... if any of you are there ... trust me you'll know me when you see me

BBOARD

• loosie
    loosie

Are there a lot of Ethopians in LA, so much so that there need sto be a new congo for them?

Is this going to be an english speaking congregation?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Always the unsure, insecure and traumatized are the target of the proseltyzers! Hence, the literature and visits to hospitals, prisons and doctor's offices and clinics.

Get em when their guard is down!

carmel

• Carmel
    Carmel

hmmmm. reflecting on that.... why in the laundrymats??? Oh, yeah, For the bored stiff crowd!

carm

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Are there a lot of Ethopians in LA, so much so that there need sto be a new congo for them?

In Los Angeles we even have an area that is known as: Little Ethiopia.

• steve2
    steve2

Here in New Zealand the main growth among the JWs is from vulnerable immigrants. Europeans fade in droves, while immigrants from Africa and Asia more than fill the gaps. Sounds like it's the same in the US.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok this is utter shiet. I go to "Little Ethiopia" once a month. They are not any "easier" to preach to than anyone else. It's this crappy white wanky theory that blacks are easier to preach to. The GB are racist white pieces of crap that have no life experience to draw from

• steve2
    steve2
    They are not any "easier" to preach to than anyone else. It's this crappy white wanky theory that blacks are easier to preach to.

Yep, there are racial steroetyping overtones to at least some of this and flagellation is an understandable response. On the other hand, the European ethnic groups got hold of the Watchtower long before other ethnic groups, and it mushroomed like crazy in the earlier years of the Watchtowers exisitence. Now there is evidence that whites are fading, and immigrants from Africa and Asia are taking their place in the local congregations. This ain't racist crap. This is just what I hear and observe when the JWs are visible in the community (family who are still inside confirm this).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit