GILEAD CLASS DROPOUTS

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

WERE THERE ANY DROPOUTS FROM THESE CLASSES?

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

They are usually sent to the United Kingdom.

• badboy
    badboy

bttt

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

I'm sorry Bad Boy, I couldn't resist that comment. Sometimes my silly humour gets the best of me.

In answer to your question. I haven't heard of Gilead Class dropouts. I have heard of some refusing their assignments. I have heard of some that took the Plane ride, and didn't stay more than 24 hours in their new assignment. They just took the plane back home.

Some of the countries that the Society sends them is a real culture shock for some. They really don't have any ideas. Some stay in the assignment and later get sick, and have to return to their home country that has better health benefits. It's a hard life. The ones that do this are really making a sacrifice.

I find that more people are avoiding the Gilead course, to move to a country that has a greater need of their own choice. The benefits of doing this is that there are no strings involved. The Society won't be able to control them and expect the moon from them for the sake of a few months of training.

Or

Some feel that the end is near, and consider Gilead as another form of Higher Education

• besty
    besty

For as long as you have a religious hierarchy with 7 million rank and file you will have a never ending supply of Gilead applicants - its simple mathematics.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've been friends with several Gilead grads and a few instructors.

I don't know of any drop outs, though that may have happened. I do know one brother who was on a plane home, at his own expense I believe, about 24 hours after he arrived at his assignment.

I have several friends who spent a few years on foreign assignments and ended up coming home - most of them suffering from the long term affects of malaria or similar diseases. Africa was especially devastating for Americans. I also know that culture shock is massive among many missionaries, again especially in Africa.

I know of at least one graduate who was never sent on assignment but ended up being a Special Pioneer in the US New England. I'll try to remember his name. He was a Lou, I think, and his wife was a Rosalie, and an "ini" Italian-type last name. He'd been a dock worker and a professional boxer, a city guy real rough around the edges and not well educated. I don't believe he was ever even appointed as an elder. How he got approved for Gilead is a real question.

S4

• chikikie
    chikikie

i thought many went were the need is great because they were failed applicants. a couple in our cong went were the need was great and alot of their expenses were met by the cong hall fund, im now thinking that thw wbts probably didnt know about this. Also the sisters brother and his wife soon followed, this family thought they were the mostspiritual family. Joke

• Nathan Natas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit