E-mail from JW father

by DJK 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• DJK
    DJK

My father sent/forwarded this e-mail to me and from what I can tell it is being circulated among many JWs. All it contain was a recommendation to see this movie called Expelled. http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

I'm not a fan of Ben Stein although I just may make an effort to see this.

I'm also considering a polite way to say I'm not interested because I know his motivation for sending it to me.

DJK

• oompa
    oompa

DJK, don't suppose this could actually be something that made your dad think in your favor.....eh?.........oompa?

• loosie
    loosie

Hard to take a game show host seriously.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Ben Stein is smart on some topics such as history and economics, but this is one he just doesn't get.

The worst part of this movie is that the scientists are claiming to be mis-quoted. Not even a fair presentation of their position.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Beware! You might loose your friends and your job if you watch this video!!!

Wow... classic "persecution complex" terminologies used to embolden the believers.

I wonder if his movie will get to the REAL truth??? I wonder if he will talk about the REAL creator???

The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!

I can't wait until I die so I can enjoy an eternity with a Beer Volcano and a Stripper Factory!!!

Have you been touched by his Noodly Appendage?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I love the way creationists try to reason that live is far too complex to have emerged through natural processes and therefore must have been created by something even more complex.

How stupid is that???

• avishai
    avishai

Ben Stein, Nixon's pseudo=intellectual butt-boy.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Surely something this important will have free admission, right? WRONG. Just another dude trying to make big buck$ by promoting something that will appeal to the Bush/fundy crowd.

I love the ending... "If we don't stand up, who will?" ...... um, could GOD please stand up for roll call here? Hello. Where ya been Big Guy in the Sky? Ya just make everything and leave?

• real one
    real one

it takes more faith to believe that everything just happened...

• mavie
    mavie

Evolution doesn't attempt to explain the origin of life. Ben Stein apparently doesn't understand what Darwinism is.

The fear tactics are disgusting in the trailer.

So Ben, if life is too complex to have evolved, who created God? O wait, he always existed? What if the universe has always existed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit