Did anyone see 48 hours mystery last night?

by B_Deserter 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I grew up in the same town as Kent Leppink. My older brother actually knew him personally. The sad thing is that what happened to Kent was used by my parents (and probably other local JW's) as a cautionary tale as to what happens when you live "in the world." Of course, they spiced the story by saying he was killed by his gay lover, probably to additionally enforce the idea that being gay=living in a world full of drugs, murder, and lust.

• frozen one
    frozen one

jw's always use tragic events to emphasize their point of view. I can imagine that jw's will spin the stories of those two young women who were gunned down in Georgia and North Carolina to support their rules regarding attending college.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I saw it. But they didnt say for sure he was gay. Do you believe she was the mind behind the murder?
    If he was in love with her .Why would they say he was thought to be gay?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I think that woman Mechele is a pathological liar. You watched her tell a completely different story than what her e-mails did. She has a baby face, an innocent voice, and a talent for crocodile tears and she uses them, fully. My brother (who also tends to lie) told me he thought he was gay. It could be true, he was in his mid-30s in a town where his family was and still is pretty visible in the community (they own the town's grocery store), it's kind of odd for someone that age to still be unmarried. Of course, Mechele's emails tell a different story again.

My theory is that she hired someone. It could have been John (the guy that got convicted), but there's enough reasonable doubt to discount the gun washing story. Bottom line, Mechele was taking advantage of three very lonely men. She claimed the gay thing I bet because she saw Kent and his little Michigan town as just another redneck ultra-conservative pile in the middle of nowhere. I grew up here, and although there are some pretty conservative people here, I'd say as a whole we're pretty moderate. It's possible Kent's parents would have shunned him, but if they said they wouldn't, then I'd believe them over the girl any day. Our town is generally pretty honest and up front about stuff like that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks B.D But her doctor hubby is going to try & get her a new trial

• ronin1
    ronin1

She may have been guilty........on God knows.

But I do not like guilty verdicts based soley on circumstantial evidence. It's not fair because what if she is innocent?

Ronin1

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    jw's always use tragic events to emphasize their point of view

But they ignore children screaming for help and justice from some real monsters preying on them inside the fold...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit