Due to the "eBAY Boycott" How Many Of You Will Be Shopping Elsewhere ...

by BBOARD 5 Replies latest jw friends

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

I for one WILL. I operate a small time book selling business on Amazon.com and nothing would make me happier than to see my competition's website (Ebay/Half) slow down ... even if for just a while ...

What are your 2 Cents?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I don't believe that this "boycott" is legit, and unless I personally have a problem with eBay itself, I'll keep using it.

Dave

• reneef
    reneef

If you don't care, just say so.

If you'd care to educate yourself, go to "my ebay", go to the gray box in the upper right corner and click on "community", then click on "discussion boards, about half way down the page. Then click on "feedback", "Pay Pal" or one of the other boards to do with selling to read what has been going on. How can a person decide something is not legit before even checking anything out?

I'd now love to see the arrogant Ebay get some real competition by some big internet company that has the funds to advertise and get the word out. I also have sold books on Amazon.com and had no problem. I wish Amazon would give Ebay some healthy competition by starting a big auction site.

• kwr
    kwr

What ebay boycott?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No, absolutly not. I WILL however stop carrying my AT&T cell phone in my front pocket! (see the other thread!)

• reneef
    reneef

Why don't you grow up and quit making a jerk out of people who actually have or might want information. There are peope that depend on this for their living. That is why it's important. If you don't have anything intelligent to add or any information to share, why not go find something to do.

kwr: Here is one site about it:http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=boycottebay&nav=start&prettyurl=%2Fboycottebay

Why Boycott Ebay?GRIEVENCES: 1. Feedback changes.
    The proposed changes are more harmful than beneficial:
    A. Sellers will no longer be allowed to leave negative feedback.
    B. Feedback older than 12 months will no longer be displayed.
    2. DSR (Detailed Seller Ratings) tied to search positioning.
    A. Ebay is unjustly red-flagging good sellers as bad sellers, by stating sellers with a 4.0 rating (On a scale of 1-5) as having "low ratings", implying they are bad.
    B. Ebay would rather keep real bad sellers, because they earn money.
    3. 21 Day Hold for PayPal Payments on "Risky" sellers, or listing in "Risky categories".
    What is considered "Risky"?
    A. Sellers with less than 100 feedback.
    B. Video Games is considered a "risky category". Even well established sellers selling in this and other "risky" categories will be subjected to a 21 day hold.
    C. Sellers with 5% negatives in a 30 day period. (Extenuating circumstances? Tough luck. Unreasonable buyer demands? Tough luck. Shipping service errors? Too bad).
    4. Unreasonable Fee increases.
    A. Promoted as Fee decreases, Ebay actually increased fees. While dropping most insertion fees by a nickel, they raised the Final Value Fees by as much as 66%
    B. Reserve fees no longer refunded.
    C. Store Final Value Fees increased to 12% on top of monthly fees, and listing fees.
    D. Other fees increases of $20 and more.

MISSION
    1. Unite members to strengthen ebay members.
    2. Refrain from buying on ebay until ALL terms are met.
    3. Refrain from selling on ebay until ALL terms are met.
    4. Promoting sellers who sell on the member voted sites, by advertising the following alternate sites:
    A. onlineauction.com
    B. etsy.com (hand made items only)
    C. ioffer.com
    D. overstock.com/auctions
    5. Stay committed to each other by purchasing from "refugees" (boycotting ebay sellers).
    6. Join myspace.com/boycottebay the source of our direction.

TERMS:
    1. Revamp the FB process, BUT, not in the way proposed. We WILL NOT be held hostage by extortionist members.
    2. Use the DSR, but, don’t allow extortion by tying to how items are listed in the ebay search engine.
    3. Immediate release of PayPal funds.
    4. Restructuring the fees, to a REASONABLE rate.
    5. John Donahoe’s resignation, if he refuses to meet our terms.

Please join in the boycott!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit