After Divorce

by pjj62 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pjj62
    pjj62

If a JW wife divorces a non JW husband, can she remarry? I thought she couldnt unless it was due to infidelity. Is that true?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes she can remarry but can have no privs in the congo.

She/He is free to remarry if the other remarrys thereby committing adultry lol

wecome pj

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

In theory, the innocent mate in a case of adultery is free to remarry (after the divorce, of course) if he/she chooses to divorce the guilty mate. If no adultery has occurred, then there is no basis for divorce and neither mate can remarry.

One catch-22 is that after the divorce, the guilty mate is also free to remarry (assuming the divorce was on grounds of adultery). And, it can be the guilty party who seeks the legal divorce if the innocent mate has "rejected" him/her. My ex-wife divorced me based on HER confessed adultery. She was not disfellowshipped because she was "repentant," even though she informed me privately that if I forgave her for the adultery (thus removing her ability to get the divorce) she would just go out and do it again.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    If no adultery has occurred, then there is no basis for divorce and neither mate can remarry.

If one ex remarries he/she is in an adulterous marriage. Ori If one ex has sex with another person. The other person can then freely remarry.

Look here is the thing. If you get remarried after a divorce, there are no real sanctions they can place on you other than no privileges. Do you really care about privileges? Big wow you cant pioneer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit