Compare to Sept KM / Other famous WT Quotes

by lookingnow25 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

WT 73 pgs. 547-548 "A Bible in Every Catholic Home"

WHAT ABOUT INTERPRETATION?

But some individuals ask: ‘Is not the Bible open to many interpretations? If I were to read it on my own, wouldn’t I risk the possibility of falling into error?’ The Bible itself shows how to avoid that pitfall. At Genesis 40:8 we read: “Are not interpretations God’s business?” (Jerusalem Bible) How could one apply that principle today?

Of course, it does not mean that God will come down from heaven to speak audibly with one who is reading the Bible. But one can arrive at the interpretation God gives by letting one part of his inspired Word explain another. To a considerable extent, the Word of God is self-interpreting.

This emphasizes the importance of regular reading of the Bible. It will equip the reader to make the necessary comparisons of verses to clear up difficult passages. So the matter of interpretation should encourage rather than discourage Bible reading.

If you are Catholic, has your priest encouraged you to read the Bible and to compare what you find there with the teachings of the Catholic Church? Most priests have not done so. Why not? Please examine the facts in the following chart and draw your own conclusion.

From here on I reserve my right to read only the bible, and to come to my own interpretations and conclusions as guided by God.

AW 70 4/22 pg. 8 "Changes That Disturb People" - I suggest you read the whole article.

Changes That Disturb People

THE churches are in rapid decline. Even in the United States, where religion still enjoys perhaps the greatest popularity, nearly three out of four persons polled said that it is losing influence. Why is there this decline in religion?

One of the reasons is that people are disturbed by what is happening in their churches. Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Medellín, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many.

“Tell me,” he asked, “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five years?”

What are some of these changes that disturb people?

From here on I reserve my right to question and be disturbed by changes to teachings, doctrine, and understandings that are or have been tought by the WTBTS.

Just from some reading I was doing.

Later,

Looking

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five years?”

WOW. They sure don't print stuff like that anymore.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

This is perfect stuff to show the hypocricy in the Borg. They totally ignore the same things others do in themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit