UN Argument

by Outaservice 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Dear Brothers,

You might want to consider this letter in the 'Questions From Readers' section of THE WATCHTOWER.

My question is this: I would like to join the Catholic Church and at the same time keep my standing and position in the congregation! Can I do this?

The reason being is that I have heard that the Vatican has a very good and complete library which I would like to avail myself of. I would have to refrain from criticizing Catholics and speak well of them, but the benefits are obvious.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Brother Outaservice.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Funny and a good one

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

First of all The Society has learned from this. Now you can reap the benefits of the learning curve Jehovahs org has come to appreciate.So the answer is of course you cant join another religion to avail yourself of their library. In the case of the Society they made the mistake of associating too closely not with a religion but a "status" that permitted them to enjoy publications not easily available otherwise. It would be not be the course of wisdom to join a church that you already know is false. "Get out of her my people" is what the Word admonishes true Christians. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah. ...or not....

• sspo
    sspo

Nice letter, send it to them and see what the reply will be.

• sspo
    sspo

Nice letter, send it to them and see what the reply will be.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

"The Society has learned from this."

How so?

What did they learn?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit