Box full of letters

by Free 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Free
    Free

OK, First of all forgive my spelling ( Where is spellcheck ? )

I have been inactive for a few years now and never plan on returning to the vomit. No one has made there way to contact me, Never had any true friends in the cult and I was the only one of all my family to be a witness. My question is, What is the benifit if any of a DA letter ? I don't want them to think they are in charge of me.

I heard that some who do are DF'ed anyway and lies may be spread about the true reasons. Has this happened to anyone reading this ?

I acually don't care if people think I am wicked or dead or whatever they want them to believe when you DA or are DF'ed.

Legally though, If I don't do either and just fade into real life, What could happen in the future if I didn't ?

I must admit, I have become addicted to the forum again after staying off for awhile. This place is a great place to shout out loud when I'm feeling bitter.

I still can't wait to see someone I knew who has also left. That day will be a stepping stone to my slow but sure recovery.

Posting here helps but human contact is what I know I need. ( Thread title is a Wilco song ) if you were wondering.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It doesn't sound like the elders care very much to come visit you to see what the "problem" is. Since you have no connections to the organization, there's no need to DA. Technically they could come after you to see if you still believe they have the truth (to get you to incriminate yourself), but likely if you leave them alone they'll leave you alone.

Are there any ex-JW meetups in your area? Maybe one would be listed on www.meetup.com. I go to the one in my area, and it's nice to get together once in a while with folks who know the inside scoop on JW's, and are through with it.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I don't know, what if we get our way and the JW way is outlawed, you want your name on their books? I know that's crazy because I believe in the Constitution of this country, but I just didn't want them feeling like they won, so we DA'd.

• Free
    Free

Who the hell put that Wilco advertisment on here that quick ?

Big brother please speak.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I actually don't care if people think I am wicked or dead or whatever they want them to believe when you DA or are DF'ed.

The wording from the platform is that" (insert name) is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

No one can tell from the nature of the statement if you DA'ed or were DF'ed.

Only the elders (and their wives, relatives and a few close friends) know for sure.

To me it serves no purpose although some here choose to do it as a form of closure to themselves.

I am neither DA'ed or DF'ed. I just walked away and treat the WT as a trivial non event in my life.

Unfortunately my Wife is still under full Dub control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit