Dear Fellow Grandchild,

by compound complex 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Fellow Grandchild,

I was very fortunate to have known my two grandmothers and two great grandmothers. It was my maternal grandmother, however, who was most influencial in my early years. I owe her so much.

My grandmother's arms were a safe haven for me as a child. As the years rolled by, she taught me a great deal about practical matters and how to get along in the world. She wasn't too keen about my becoming a Witness, but she was supportive of my decision. I wish she were here now; there's so much I want to say ...

What are your memories of Grandma?

CoCo

• Cc81
    Cc81

I was lucky enough to have both grandmothers and a great grandmother growing up. I was closest to my maternal grandmother. My mom had some major mental illness and was unable to be the mother she would have liked to be. My grandmother was a huge part of our lives. She was and is my mom. I respect her and love her very much. Sadly she is very sick right now and we are uncertain as to what will happen : (. I also have amazing memories of my maternal great grandmother! She was amazing!! My favorite memory is of her fighting with her sister, my great great aunt about which child was cuter.. me or my brother. She always said i was gorgeous and wonderful and my great great aunt was partial to my brother. A bunch of crazy french ladys! they were all incredible...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Cc81,

She was correct - you are gorgeous! But your brother is cute. I know all about crazy French ladies ...

Thanks for the heartwarming memories.

CoCo

• Cc81
    Cc81

crazy french ladies are the best!! i will be one someday and drive my kids and grandkids crazy : )

• compound complex
    compound complex

It would be lovely to hear from other grandchildren ...

A grandchild

• cluless
    cluless

Grandmar.... A Crazy ecsentric who loved me and I dearly loved her and always will.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I only had one grandmother that I knew and she was very short, very round and quite cuddly. I have memories of when I was very young I would watch her make cakes on a Sunday morning, and she would let me lick the bowl out afterwards. My nan had a china doll from her childhood that she would get out to show me and I was fascinated by it. Sometimes I would sit on her lap and she sang nursery rhymes to me and bounced me up and down. Every Sunday my nan gave my brother and I a few pence to get sweets with which was a big treat for us. Those were the days!

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit