First witness visit

by dogon 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• dogon
    dogon

I had a couple of Dubbers visit since my move to hot springs. One was an older man who was very nice and did not want to talk, he just wanted to ask how much for property in my area and how much it cost to build my house.

The other was a YDRTC young gungho who thinks he knows a lot more then he does. I kept telling him stats and he said that he was a 2 year college grad and could speak spanish, Soooooo what. I did not even take the time to tell them about the 607 thing, he was not worth the effort. You know the type they like the hear themself talk and do not hear anything but the pitch of their own voice. I just told them that if they wanted to know anything about their own religion they should go to randy waters site, he was at bethel for 30 years and saw more then they ever would, or they should read the book by ray franze who was a GB member for 8 years and knew things that 99% of the current dubber population did not know. I said that they would go to doors and ask people to question their religion, but the second that they become a dubber that questioning has to stop.who knows maybe a question will have them look at the this or some other site and start the brain working again, I doubt it hightly but who knows.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You are right dogon!

Speaking Spanish cannot put 20 years in your head!

It's a pity there isn't a way to cut and paste wisdom!

Maybe then many falling into the JW river would get theri arses on dry land!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    You know the type they like the hear themselves talk and do not hear anything but the pitch of their own voice

. Strange IMHO I feel this also carries over to their everyday life. They are so en-grained to get everything they can out before the door closes, that they also do this

just in day to day conversation. They are intent on their own thoughts and reasoning that they can not hear what you are saying. Its a mental block you learn to shut people

out so as not to be hurt at the doors.

It's a pity there isn't a way to cut and paste wisdom!

I love this quote!

Hope4Others

• still_in74
    still_in74

a little off topic but I remember a pioneer bro. talking about how a brother commented about how fruit just doesnt taste the same as is used too. That we just dont have good food/fruit anymore (i guess this means "A" is coming) ....
    So anyway, he is relating to us about how he was eating an apple at a bus stop and after taking a bite he sighed, and said to the old lady sitting beside him :
    "you know you just cant get good fruit anymore",
    to his surprise the old lady responded:No i think we can still get good fruit!"Well surprised he said back:
    "but dont you think that fruit tasted better years ago, that when you were younger it was more juicey and flavorful?"
    She said :
    "no I think we can still get good fruit!"

Well this is where I get to the point of my story. He then says:
    "So I am wondering why this woman is disagreeing with me, an then I realized... I am talking to a worldly person! And they're stupid!!"

OF COURSE! All JW's are smart because everyone else is an idiot! So there you have it. No matter what you told that Amigo you were an idiot and he was smarterer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit