2007 Service Report

by jonathan adabe 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jonathan adabe
    jonathan adabe

Is anyone able to supply a printable copy of the 2007 Service Report to help me in my statistical research? At present I have all Reports from 1990 to 2006 for all countries and it would be helpful if someone could provide the 2007 figures in printable form. I no longer have a local Witness contact. Thanks.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Hi Jonathan,

That was posted earlier. Click on this Link .

Len Miller

• jonathan adabe
    jonathan adabe

Thanks a lot Len. Much appreciated, JA

• orbison11
    orbison11

greets johnathan

nice to have you on board..would be interested in your statistical reports you are doing? esp from 1990....any chance of a leak from you?

thanks

orb

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome to JWD, jonathan!

• jonathan adabe
    jonathan adabe

To Orbison 11, Yes, leaks will follow! I am currently working on some interesting data on the 'Peak' figures, which should be available in a few days. JA

• jonathan adabe
    jonathan adabe

In my view the 2006 Conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses titled 'Deliverance at Hand' was an attempt to stop the dramatic fall in membership over the previous 10 years. Fear of an early Armageddon was the carrot which was to draw more people into the Organization. For example, The Canadian active members for the 5 years 1992 to 1996 was increased by a total of 9244 (even though there were 20697 new baptisms). Yet during the following 10 years, 1997 to 2006 there was a reduction in active membership of -2617 in spite of new baptisms of 24089. Coupled with this there was a falling off of door-to-door work by nearly 2 hours per month per member. This pattern was copied throughout most nations during that 15 year period.

The publishing of expectancy of an Armageddon in 1975 led to vast increases in membership, and that type of expectancy was used again in 2006 which has shown some increases during the 2007 Service Year. Adding the new baptisms for the 15 year period (44,786) compared with the increase of active members during the same 15 years (+6627), meant that there was the equivalent of a loss of 38,000 from the membership. The overall pattern is that the Society have problems in retaining new members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit