Do any ex-elder here kept copies of the Sunday talks at the KH?

by Cindi_67 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

I would like to know if any of the ex-elders here or even "active" ones have copies of the talks at the Sunday meetings. I heard a talk one time, I believe it was called "500 after Armageddon" that made an awful impression in me. Instead of focusing on the joy of being in Paradise made the whole congregation almost sh** on our underware. I've heard some others have heard similar talks. But of course lurkers need proof. So if you ever had to give a talk of that nature, will you scan it and post it here? Sometimes I think I never heard that talk and that it was just a figment of my imagination. But, unfortunately it was all true. Do some brothers make up their own talks and give those at the Sunday meetings or are all Sunday meetings talk made up by the Society?

We want to know. The reason I ask is because the idea was posted on another thread and it was similar to the talk I heard.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/153663/1.ashx

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Sunday talks use wt society prepared outlines. Local elders flesh these out themselves. The collection of outlines has been posted here, but I can't find the topic right now.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Cindi_67, you gave these details in the other thread:

It was made to scare everybody off, instead of building the desire to be there. It essence described brothers finding their brothers dead and identifying them by their jewelery. 500 years after Armageddon a woman beating herself up because it was her fault that her son didn't survive.

That sounds like something the speaker decided to throw in on his own. It's one reason, I think, they're shrinking the talks to 30 minutes. It becomes even more obvious when you stray from the Borg-provided outline.

Wacky personal tangents were one of the few entertaining parts of Sunday meetings, IMHO. Those are getting weeded out. Oh well, it will make the meetings that much more mind-numbing.

OM

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I doubt that that specific speculation was part of the Brooklyn outline, but it's been about 30 years since I last gave a Public Talk.

Another consideration is that, according to the Watchtower fable, a body in this situation would have been exposed to the elements (sun, wind, rain, etc) AND exposed to predation by the infamous "Birds of Armageddon" and any other eaters of carrion for all of those 500 years. Consequently, a body would be taken apart and scattered. Thinking that Brother Faithful will find his apostate sister Anna as an intact skeleton with her jewelry still in place is pretty naive. ...and that's not even considering the consumptive effect of Jehovah's antimatter fire from heaven.

The bottom line is that the whole thing is nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit