The hypocrisy of former Disfellowshipped people

by Layla33 7 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Oh yes, they can be "righteous over much." Their ain't nothin' quite like 'em!

JK

• Maddie
    Maddie

Layla - I know what you mean by the hypocrisy. Its like a ridiculous game with some of them, but I'm not sure if they realise how pathetic this behaviour really is.

Maddie

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

To quote a character in The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972)....

There is nothing worse than a harlot turned respectable. A reformed anything is bad enough, but a reformed harlot is the direct wrath of the Devil. Seems that those who have spent time giving pleasure for profit are all the more zealous when it comes to dealing out misery.

So ya, I have seen my share of this nonesense. I call people like that, "Hypocritical Turds"

• ninja
    ninja

I get what you are saying bro.....the people on here are hypocrites.......kidding folks....calm down....I'm drunk for goodnesssakes

• jambon1
    jambon1

In all honesty, there is nothing worse than those that say they believe the truth whilst living like the rest of us. Most JW's are hypocrites. And I mean MOST.

• ninja
    ninja

some of the nicest people I know are JW's....but they are prisoners

• flipper
    flipper

LAYLA 33- Good thread by you ! Great subject ! Yes indeed I know someone like that ! My ex-father in law ! Dude was DFed 3 times and every time came back with head down " repentant " to turn over a new leaf as a witness - only to beat the crap out of his 5th wife who was studying at the time after being reinstated. He had , still has a severe drinking problem , type of guy who gets mean while drinking. To my knowledge he is still a JW in " good " standing. He's kind of a good old boy who takes the elders fishing with him. So now you know why he's still in !

At my older daughters witness wedding in May of 2006 - he treated my then fiance , Mrs. Flipper and me like total crap . I went up to introduce my fiance to him and while we were talking as we stood there ; he just walked away without a word. Damn redneck trailer park trash ! O.K. - I feel better now ! Got it out ! Thanks for letting me vent. If guys like him get into any future paradise - the witnesses are really screwed ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I know what you mean, Layla. I have known so many like this. I used to be disfellowshipped, but I have never treat people like this (although I didn't talk to people who were "in" when I was "out" so as not to "stumble" them - that's not the same thing is it? I was following the rules).

When my sister-in-law was disfellowshipped (and I was just inactive) she and I were really close. That all changed after she got reinstated. Suddenly she didn't feel comfortable spending time with me anymore. It's just so effed up I can't even believe it.

My DF'd brother goes hot and cold on me, I guess when he decides he might believe it's "The Truth" then he starts to shun me a bit, but then when he wants someone to vent with about JW stuff, guess who he turns to.

It's partly because the DF'ing and shunning policies don't make any sense. Many JW's walk around with cognitive dissonance over the subject. I feel badly for them.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit