15 Years Ago Today...

by deaconbluez 7 Replies latest jw friends

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

I was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. My sister, a cousin, and a friend were also baptized that day. None of us are still members of the Jehovah's Witness religion.

• Mary
    Mary
    I was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. My sister, a cousin, and a friend were also baptized that day. None of us are still members of the Jehovah's Witness religion.

• mouthy
    mouthy

THAT IS GOOD NEWS!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That was the day I was either at work washing dishes, at the Kingdumb Hell, or out in field circus.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Can you share your story about why you left? Did the others leave for the same reason that you did?

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Sure. The 3 of them, my sister, the cousin, and the friend, were all disfellowshipped nearly 10 years ago while they were still in their late teens, and none of them have looked back since. They may or may not have replaced the Witness lifestyle with one that I would agree with, but I'm just glad that they are never going back to that awful cult. And I don't judge them at all either way. I have learned to love unconditionally.

As for myself, I was deep in it. Made it all the way to elder, although a young one. I guess it started when I was researching Jerusalem's destruction for a public talk. That led me to the 587/607 issue, which is the reason I am out. For 2 years after that, I didn't use outlines for talks, didn't take literature with me in "service", both of which got me questioned by other elders often. But I was determined to keep my distance from the false doctrines and teachings of the Watchtower and quietly wait for change to take place. After all, I was still convinced that it was "God's organization no matter what".

Once I allowed myself to think about the possibility of it NOT being God's organization, combined with the Scriptures that describe false prophets, I was able to see that I was just a victim of my parent's religion, which they were also vicitms, as well as their parents before them. When I divorced, that was finally amplified as the reason for my being disfellowshipped. But the elders had already kept a file on me that tracked my independent thinking. Since then I've helped 5 people out of the cult, and I thank God for Him allowing me to do even that much. I have shared my research with many other friends and family that are still in. But many of them aren't ready to hear it, so they think that they are "shaming" me by their shunning.

And now, I'm the voice of V's "Watchtower Comments", so maybe that will be something that eventually helps many more people!

• Open mind
    Open mind

deaconbluez:

And now, I'm the voice of V's "Watchtower Comments",

Hey, do you mind if I give your phone number to my congo's Talk Coordinator?

Congratulations, BTW!

So how long ago were you DFed?

OM

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Hey, do you mind if I give your phone number to my congo's Talk Coordinator?

Congratulations, BTW!

So how long ago were you DFed?

I don't mind at all! I'll give you my number!

I was disfellowshipped in January, 2005.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit