Your Shun None Card?

by Hope4Others 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Mr Hope not Bob, ha ha.. Hubby came up with the idea of a card to give people who do not speak, even though a person has not disassociated or engaged in any df conduct.

Those who who simply "snub" you for lack of meeting attendance, inactivity etc. A business card that has the WT website on the back and the front to say this as a gentle reminder

to them as to what the org. states on the subject? Do you think there could be any repercussions on printing this up copyright etc?

Thanks to otwo we took this from one of his posts Feb/08

Here's what they say at http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Do you shun former members?

Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, special effort is made to reach out to them and rekindle their spiritual interest. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkenness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshiped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence. The Bible clearly states: 'Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.' (1 Corinthians 5:13) Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The spiritual ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue. As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household, Jehovah's Witnesses apply the Bible's counsel: "Quit mixing with them." (1 Corinthians 5:11) Disfellowshipped individuals may continue to attend religious services and, if they wish, they may receive spiritual counsel from the elders with a view to their being restored. They are always welcome to return to the faith if they reject the improper course of conduct for which they were disfellowshipped.

Hope4Others

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mrs. Hope,

That sounds like a good idea -- if any JW's would even take it. A "get out of shunning free" card!

I think that re-printing something that's already on the WT website is "fair use" of part of a publication. It's not like you'd be re-printing an entire publication.

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

They are always welcome to return to the faith if they reject the improper course of conduct for which they were disfellowshipped.

Sure, if they don't mind a few years of humiliation.
    Oh, and asking questions about society teachings won't get you yanked into a JC either. What a load of crap.

• wings
    wings

So, do you mean a card to hand to a snubber? I think that is a good idea. Never thought of that. Or you could just wear a button saying "evil doer" and greet them with a smile. Of course that might get you shot in other circles.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    card to hand to a snubber

Yes, Like those people who take it upon them self to personally mark you. You run into them at a restaurant or shopping etc, and they pretend they don't see you. Or just look straight

at you when you say Hi, and they refuse to acknowledge you.

Hope4Others

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sounds a bit too smart an idea for its own good. If you are too noisy about people not talking to you when you have simply faded you will raise suspicions and they may just disfellowship you for causing trouble. Isn't the whole idea of fading to be low profile about it?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have the other lame excuse: The Magic Marker. All they need do is think of the "weak" person as walking disorderly, perhaps because they are not going to all the boasting sessions and may be doing things to get disfellowshipped for but no one knows about it.

• MOG
    MOG

the JW History of Disfellowship link

http://jwfacts.com/index_files/disfellowship.htm

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    slimboyfat says: Sounds a bit too smart an idea for its own good. If you are too noisy

I think you have a very valid point here!

Mog gave :the JW History of Disfellowship link

Thanks for this link It is a long read but very informative. I had forgotten alot of these offenses considered for the disfellowshipping ritual....I enjoy saving these links they are great for reference if further needed. Some things simply jolted me on this read.

Hope4Others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit