WT Reveals Why Bethelites Fired

by metatron 7 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Check out the Yearbook figures for the Watchtower Society's own reported figures on how much missionaries, Bethelites and C.O.'s cost:

'04 80,000,000

'05 95,000,000

'06 104,000,000

'07 111,000,000

Latest ( from KM) 121,000,000

Notice the trend? These increases range beween 6.7 to 16.25% per year !! This is not good for an organization whose growth is 2 - 3%

in publishers per year. This supports my view of a "Soviet" style organization that is having increasing trouble funding it's growth.

metatron

• senora
    senora

Actually, from what I hear, they are sending a lot of them in the field, like special pioneers and CO's to crack the whip on the rank & file so their #'s keep going up especially in the U.S.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

6.7 to 16.25% per year of what?

• Hermano
    Hermano

If they're laying off Bethelites and cutting back on expenses why is there still and increase in the cost???

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

the annual increase in spending to support missionaries etc.

• sir82
    sir82

If they're laying off Bethelites and cutting back on expenses why is there still and increase in the cost???

In a word: health care. (Well OK that's 2 words).

There was huge expansion in Bethel facilities worldwide throughout the 80's & 90's, many thousands of Bethelites were added worldwide. Those who entered in their 20's & 30's then are in their 40's & 50's now - prime time for heart attacks, stroke, cancer etc. for all those sedentary theobureaucrats.

The Society provides basic health care onsite in the larger Bethel facilities, but for any big problems, including surgery, they must send their folks to regular hospitals. The cost of that would explode exponentially in the next couple of decades if the Society didn't cut the 50+ year old folks loose now.

Of course, the society still pays health care for the ones who are reassigned as "special pioneers" - but they are essentially being "set up to fail" - I expect that the majority of those "special pioneers", already approaching retirement age, won't be able to keep up the pace for more than 5 years. And of course as soon as they are off the SP list, whoosh there goes their health coverage as well.

A most interesting catch Metatron.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The dollar amount they publish every year is one of the most meaningless numbers out there.

They have never defined what that amount means. You have no idea what is included or not included in the number. You also don't know if this comes from an audited financial statement or someone complies this with no or limited controls over its content.

Can you imagine a publically traded company giving out one number at the end of the year and expecting the investing public to make decisions based upon the number?

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I would really like to know how they can justify US$ 111,000,000 when ALL the workers are volunteers and the WTS own all their property, I think they just make up these figures to give others the impression that the WTS is doing such a great and generous work, remember that lying is fully acceptable for there "kingdom" interests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit