I was only good for the book study

by heyfea 2 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

(I think my previous post didn't post) I was never picked to be in a part in the assemblies. I was not “worthy” for such functions, unlike the usual suspects: pioneers, bethelites, the single elderly sister who pioneered despite her illnesses, etc. Yet, the same elders who never recommended me for any part in the assemblies, expected me to participate in the book study like there was no tomorrow, especially when they were stuck with a boring group like mine. Only in those instances they considered me to be knowledgeable, experienced, practically a veteran in the “truth”. I was only good to help the conductor make it through the study without falling asleep.

• loosie
    loosie

I was never in a drama at the assemblies either. I wanted to be. But my mom told me that I can't be in the drama because my father isn't an elder.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Believe me when you are a witness, you are "in" the drama. You live it everytime you are around them, recall any of their supposed truths, or even speak to one of them, the drama is, "you can never speak how you reall feel without putting yourself in line to be ostrasized. That in and of itself is the drama of being a witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit