I was only good for the book study

by heyfea 5 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

I was never picked to be in a part in the assemblies. I was not “worthy” for such functions, unlike the usual suspects: pioneers, bethelites, the single elderly sister who pioneered despite her illnesses, etc. Yet, the same elders who never recommended me for any part in the assemblies, expected me to participate in the book study like there was no tomorrow, especially when they were stuck with a boring group like mine. Only in those instances they considered me to be knowledgeable, experienced, practically a veteran in the “truth”. I was only good to help the conductor make it through the study without falling asleep.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

(sigh) I wasn't good enough for any of those things either,

alas.......................I have no penis.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Sorry heyfew, I didn't mean to sound like I was mocking you.

I hear were your coming from, my JW ex-hubby wasn't good enough for any of those things either, while I was a witness, I found this embarresssing.

But now I am proud of him, he never was a company man, or a good ol boy, and he just couldn't get along with any of the elders. But he got along great with everyone else.

Good for him and good for you too. Proves that your not their kind, your better then that.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Count your blessings. The only thing I was good for at assemblies was to clean the john, cook sometimes, guard the illegally thawing meat from cats roaming the COW PALACE at night, or set up a soda and snack stand......All behind the scenes stuff, that I was happy to do. I even used to go to another assembly so I could work thru mine, then the overlords would see me, a single brother trying to enjoy a talk and I wowuld be recruited to scrub johns and miss that assembly too. Too bad I had made so much expense and figured I was God's toilet boy.........I could be rich now

• heyfea
    heyfea

Thanks. Besides, now that I think about it, what's so great about having a part in an assembly?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

When I think back on it all, it took a lot of effort on my part Not to stand out. But then again, you had to be SO righteous to be a part of the PLAY!

I too, was a part of the book study. Excellant Wt reader, made it come to life. But then again, I enjoyed reading, so many others had no clue HOW to read. I just couldn't stand to put on the righteous AIRS that were necessary to ADVANCE as it were.

I knew what I was doing , just enough.

NMG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit