So, this is how a "faithful" one of decades goes out

by VanillaMocha73 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

She was my friend through childhood, a regular pioneer for decades, missionary, never missing a single day in the JW worship and this is her send-off:
    http://www.legacy.com/nwclassifieds/deathnotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=103968847

She has a JW daughter and family. But this is how she is remembered for her "faithful service." 35 words, including address and time of memorial. No signatures in the guest book. Feel the love JWs have for each other.... Going to torture myself with attending the memorial today in respect to her (she always meant well, didn't know she was misguided by the F&DS). I remember my stepmom's memorial (Lutheran) being uplifting and bringing back many warm memories of her. I am sure this one will be quite different.

First time dragging the DH to a JW kingdom hall as well. I'm sure he'll get a great picture of this outfit. I'm just sure he will immediately feel the Christian love. (tongue-in-cheek).

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Yup. My mother's was the same. I was df'd at the time so I had no say in the obit. My mother was a faithful sister for almost 50 years. Only had about 100 for her memorial service. Names of her children mentioned not much more, fatihful yada yada. Scriptures, resurection, paradise, etc.

I do take note of the "worldy" obits. I have read 1,2,3, full columns on people and of their life's accomplishments. I am very disheartened when I read a jw obit though. No imagination what-so-ever.

NMG

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

This is the saddest thing I have read so far this year. I felt bad that no one had posted a guestbook entry, so I did it myself in her memory.

• Purza
    Purza

I am very sorry for your loss VM74.

Purza

• dawg
    dawg

In a little while longer, the wicked one will be no more.... the days of this cult are at their end. I'm sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Well, I survived. Some people were decent, some queried "Are you reinstated?" - saw my cross and walked off and some just ignored me (best friend included). Funny thing is that her husband, the ex-Bethelite didn't. My mom wouldn't sit with us - you know it wouldn't be OK to be seen with a df'd person, even if you live with them. sigh....

They actually spent a few minutes talking about the sister, which was nice.

And then we went into the typical outline. Something I noticed for the first time was that they keep you so distracted with Scripture-hopping that there isn't time to examine the text and see if it really says what they are saying, or if it is in context or anything. Dunno why I never noticed that before. It's like they don't want you to THINK about the verse they read, they just want you to blanket accept what they said.

• Gayle
    Gayle

We knew the regimen. My friend asked to come to her Mom's memorial service at the Kingdom Hall. It talked of her mom, & mentioned her only child and 6 granddaughters briefly and nothing else except the grandmother's belief system/organization, thus the sermon of the organization, otherwise not personalized. It felt empty to us about the person. It impersonalized the grandmother, the daughter and the granddaughters (who are each outstanding and great survivors).

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

So sorry about your friend.

10 years ago, I went to one for a 63 yr old sister, she had been baptized for like 6 years. You'd think she had no life before JW. The spkr said, "'Colleen told me she wants to ride an elephant in the new system' so let's be there to ride an elephant with her'". Her non-jw kids who were present got NO mention! One jw daughter did. It was shameful.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Very inhuman. My mother's day of departure isn't too far in the future. I will not do anything about a memorial but I will write an obit in the paper. A lot about her and nothing about "them".

• dogon
    dogon

I lost my mother who was a dubber, but only in show, we had talked about it was not gods org. she said as soon as here dad died she was out. But she died before he did.

I remember that an elder came to talk to the family about what was her fav. scripture blablablablablabla.

I had not been to a KH in some time and went out of respect for my mother. I have not steped in to one since. I can tell you I totaly agree with the way Lee Iacocca put it, "I dont care how old you are, when you lose your mother you feel like an orpahn."

The talk was scripted like all dubber things, and it was about converting people who were there that were not cult members. The cult never to miss an opertunity to try to convert even if it is no the back of the dead. I hate them for the damage that they cause to so many people, I use herman melvilles "from the bowels of hell I stab at thee" to explain how I feel about these bastards.

I treat them like they treat us, if you are in the cult I will treat you like scum, when you leave and get your head on right, I will treat you with all the respect I can, untill then you are scum to me if you are a dubber. They did not do one thing to confort me, to help my brothers get through this hard time.

My mother was a writer and some of her books can still be bought on amazon, from the ashes, the color of love, ties that bind. and she had a web site that was up for a couple of years after she died, Some one put on here fav. music, from the movie gone with the wind, I can barly hear it today several years later with out choking up.

I have so much sympathy for people who have lost a loved one and are dubbers, I envey people that have lost someone and were in a support group of a church or some other org that really knows the meaning of love and carring for others.

The society loves them selfs and all others are expendable.

This site and others have helped me in my journey and I thank them, and encourage others in their stage of getting their life back to join this and other sites that help in the damage cults do to people.

I can never get back the time familys spend with family during holidays, and quality time with each other. But I can help others in damage control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit