WT double-speak on life, money, living.

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Don't be late for the meetings, you should quit a job that makes you repeatedly late. BUT 'a man that doesn't provide for his own is worse that someone without faith'!

Don't have children, the end is soooo close, remember what Jesus said about 'woe to the pregnant women, etc'. BUT then we were told, that since I had quit pioneering we might as well have kids since we didn't have anything else to live for.

When I pioneered, we were poor, so we drove whatever we could afford. My husband once was pulled into an elders' meeting to be counselled on our noisy 69 El Camino. The exhaust gastkets/donuts were leaking, we couldn't afford to replace them. BUT we couldn't stop going to meetings, BUT we couldn't drive our noisy car--'it was offensive to the neighbors' . . .no winning there.

Don't plan for retirement, don't invest in this system, we'll be in Candyland playing with lions before we're 65. BUT save for a rainy day, BUT not too much, BUT make sure you contribute to the www, BUT care for your own needs, BUT pioneer and don't save money, 'tell us brother, why you don't have short-term disability insurance?' (my husband was asked this when we were broke after he had an appendectomy and couldn't work for weeks) BUT but but. . .

Don't buy a house, BUT you're not living here if you're not pioneering!

• Gopher
    Gopher

The WTS leaders and many elders are Pharisees who like to make hoops for congregation members to jump through, but who wouldn't lift a finger to help you -- if you have a problem it's your own lack of faith.

• wings
    wings
    The WTS leaders and many elders are Pharisees who like to make hoops for congregation members to jump through, but who wouldn't lift a finger to help you -- if you have a problem it's your own lack of faith

They strain out the knat and swallow the camel.....men's traditions, not God's love.

I get really goofy when I start in on the double standards thing. It can make me dizzy in no time. In my life it was more about family double standards like "we will go out in service searching high and low for sheep like ones, but we will shun your mentally ill son who never even came close to baptism because he smokes"

just the tip of the iceberg

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And your health? Get enough rest and sleep, but if you do you should cut back to make room to pioneer. You need to lose weight (that was on a recent thread about hounder-hounders starting to pick on modestly obese people to cut them off from "privileges"). Yet, if you take the hour out of each day to walk (which I suggested), you are stealing that hour from field circus and "murdering" people by not warning them (yes, I also recommended taking that hour out of field circus or boasting session attendance). And, if you fix your own diet lunch, you are taking too much time out of field circus and stealing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit