JWs in China?

by crochunter 16 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Ha ha, JW ego feeding time again. OUR work is SO important god will not destroy the earth until 'it' is done. Even in 'saturated' countries where the JWs have been for years they are but a drop in the religious bucket, and their pathetic 'preaching' campaign is just about worthless. Like the average person at the door really has any idea what messge is being presented to him in that 20 second mag sales routine.

Oh and the whole "god opens the hearts of the rightous" or "god directs JWs to the people who need to hear" - such self absorbed BS, if that were true, god sure is doing a piss-poor job or directing, I mean, how many THOUSANDS of hours of door knocking is required for just ONE JW convert? If he were really directing it wouldn't he quit wasting time and just 'get it on'?

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

My husband once did the Math on this problem. You have to divide 1.2billion Chinese by 5 million JWs. Then work out how many Chinese there are to every publisher in the world. Then you can gestimate what fraction of these are actually preaching in China and it works out something like 1 witness to 5 million Chinese. It would take each witness in China 300 years to get around their alloted territory (assuming they are all pioneering of course!!!!). MY figures are made up - but the real figures are equally ridiculous.

China is not the only relatively untouched territory. The figures for countries like India, Indonesia, North Korea, Pakistan do not allow for Math 24.14 to be fulfilled.

Marilyn

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Marilyn is quite right. I posted some figures here and a longer piece on Beliefnet. Less the 1% of all JWs are reporting for preaching in China, India and Indonesia. Those 3 countries make up over 1/3 of the World's poplulation. 50% of all JWs are concentrated in just 8 countries.

JWs are concentrated in Christian countries or countries where other Christian missionaries opened the way.

THirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Introspection
    Introspection

Maybe people in those lands have some kind of immunity... Worth studying?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I just read on wiki that the Chinese government acknowledges the existence of over 14 million christians in China (that's double the world's JW population).

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Damn its weird to post in such old threads. but i have been hearing of jw's and china a lot recently.

Anyway, some peeps i know mention other witnesses who have gone to China to "preach". However, they say they can't reveal what is going on in china with regards to JWs, but that "amazing" things are happening over there, and that the newest brochures, the ones with like 2 sentences on each page, were made specificially for the Chinese.

AFAIK jw's aren't banned in china, right? so why the secrecy? and china has been relaxing its grip on religion in the last few years.

but i seriously doubt much is happening over there.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

When I became a JW, in 1969, I was taught that all the earth had to be Witnessed to, and not just a token leaflet type thing. Yet, somehow this was supposed to happen by 75. Jehovah was going to "speed it up in his own time"'. I can believe how gullible I was to think that China, with it's billions of people would be Witnessed to in 6 years. The numbers just don't work, and never will. The vast majority of the world have no idea who Jehovah's Witnesses are. Even in Christian nations, most don't have any idea what they believe. Yet a loving God is going to destroy all these people, and save a few million JWs, because what, they find't read a magazine, or never got one? Right......I don' t know how I ever swallowed this bunch of horse pucky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit