JWs in China?

by crochunter 16 Replies latest jw friends

• crochunter
    crochunter

Does anyone have any info about JW in China? I've never heard about this topic? Since everyone is supposed to be witnessed to, China is obviously important.

Thanks.

Croc.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

did a little experiment years ago.took the yearbook, got a map coloured in everywhere they were and werent represented.lot of blank spaces. then i realized that they were only in christian countries or places that had christianity forced on them by missionaries.
    You cant sell Jesus to muslims any more than you can sell hinduism enmasse to Germans.the worldwide representation thing is a fallacy, always has been always will be until the pope reveals himself as beast 666 and sets up the one world religion.

• ISP
    ISP

It is going to be unfair if Jehovah wipes out the billions in China. There are so few witnesses there to give any effective witness. Most JWs allow for this by saying Jehovah knows.....Well if Jehovah knows why bother at all with the preaching work?

ISP

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

There are congregations in many cities in China, and thousands of Witnesses; Witnesses from the US and other areas bring in literature etc. when they visit China for business or vacation purposes. Stories of this and about for example the "My Bible Book of Bible Stories" incident are regularly told at conventions, at CO visits etc. Hundreds of Japanese Witnesses are learning Chinese as a preparation for the service to come.

• larc
    larc

Old Hippie,

A few thousand compared to a billion in "unassigned territory" ain't many.

Why are the Japanese preparing to preach in China when Armageddon will be here any day now?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Larc said:
    **********************************************************************A few thousand compared to a billion in "unassigned territory" ain't many.
    Why are the Japanese preparing to preach in China when Armageddon will be here any day now?
    1. I never said a few thousand compared to 1.3 billion are many.
    2. I never said Armageddon will be here any day now.
    I hope those are satisfying replies to your questions, as I never said what you imply I did.
    OK?
    Greetings

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

u will never hear official reports from china becuase of the ban.
    while at bethel one brother wanted to send a referral to a congergation. when aksing service dept about..they would not give out any information of the work because of persecution..
    it's a need to know basis kids..........and you dont need to know

now back to class

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Always been urban legends that have found themselves onto platforms about the preaching in China. One brother told the audience that the fds had millions of NWT already printed in Chinese and ready to go. Naturally Matt. 24:14 would be accomplished the minute the Chinese had had the witness ... and then the end would come.

But E.G. makes a good point. I don’t think Afghanistan has been covered yet either. Guess the slave will be puttin' the end off again.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Always been urban legends that have found themselves onto platforms about the preaching in China. One brother told the audience that the fds had millions of NWT already printed in Chinese and ready to go. Naturally Matt. 24:14 would be accomplished the minute the Chinese had had the witness ... and then the end would come.

But E.G. makes a good point. I don’t think Afghanistan has been covered yet either. Guess the slave will be puttin' the end off again.

• anewperson
    anewperson

China has Hong Kong which has some JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit