Davidic blood line.......

by nomoreguilt 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

If then, Mary was not of the Davidic blood line, back to Abraham, then how is it that Jesus had the claim to that Messianic seed promised through Abraham? The geneology of jesus goes back to Abraham, right? NOT! JOSEPH was jesus step father. Jesus did not have the royal blood line back to David nor to Abraham....Correct me if I am wrong...

NMG

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I posted the answer to this on this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/153293/1.ashx

Love and hugs,

Velta

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

OK, so then, Jesus is in the line of Abraham, through his mother, Mary? Correct? Just wanted to get it straight.

I never liked the inferance that he was descended from Abraham through Joseph.

Thank you

NMG

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just to show that not all people born to the wicked will become wicked. David was a murderer of all those who did not worship his God, and proud of it. He also snaked on taking the consequences of an adultery, resulting in the death of an innocent person. (Plus the baby.) He also initiated force to keep Israel in line with the principle of wasting value to a higher cause.

On the other hand, Jesus was trying to set people free from such fraud. I don't recall a single incident where Jesus killed another person using initiatory force, just because they did not worship his God (though he did disrupt dishonest business practices). Jesus always sought to free people from corrupt religious practices and the leaders enforcing such practices--unlike David, who sought to force people to cooperate with same.

Just goes to show, what if Jehovah destroys children of wicked parents just because they did not become witlesses, and those children would have been righteous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit