Are the 30 minute public talks becoming SERVICE talks?

by truthseeker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

If you take all the fluff out of a public talk, i,e. the "state of this system of things," the bad news report, negative stats. you're basically left with a service talk, aimed not at the public but the dubs.

I noticed that when the public talks were cut by 15 minutes what resulted was a 30 minute service talk or at the very least, a 30 minute local needs talk because all congregations seem to have the same problems.

These talks definitely seem to have a harder tone to them because you have all the counsel compressed into half an hour.

Have any of you here who still attend noticed this?

• 5go
    5go

No, honestly they don't really feel any shorter at all and still are they same boring crap. The watchtower study on the other hand is just one long service part.

• cognac
    cognac

I avoid listenning at all costs... I know they were giving a lot of statistics in the last talk, but that's about all I caught onto...

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

The great news is that the WT is going to cut the talk short at a rate of 15 minutes per year...

H.W.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Everyone would like the meeting to be 15 minutes long.......say afew "Hail Jehovah's" and go home to drink beer!

• senora
    senora

I agree with the "harder tone" part. I think they are just trying to scare use into obedience and yes its more compressed. They need to shorten the WT study too. I'll be glad when my fade is complete.

• StAnn
    StAnn

They've cut the public talk to 30 minutes? When did that happen? Geez, they give them an outline. It's not like the "brother" giving the talk has to actually write it or anything. What happened? Were brothers filling in the time with real research and thoughtful observations? This is becoming less like a religion and more like an "organization meeting" all the time. Hmmmm.......

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I take a folder and read mags inside of it while all the posturing and bull s**t sessions are going on, make it go faster too.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

The talks are crap. Most of the good speakers are leaving the org or at least stepping down as elders.

I have to admit that 30 minutes is better than 45 minutes. Most of the speakers these days are dumber than a bag of hammers, and couldn't carry on a conversation about world events for more than 5 minutes before you realized they were complete morons.

Sorry, but do I sound harsh tonight? LOL!

Just telling it like it is folks. The overall quality of the leadership among the JWs is getting so very very bad. Not that I am complaining... it's all good. It is becoming far easier for honest hearted JWs trapped in the org to come to the realization that maybe they made a wrong turn somewhere....

TO FREEDOM FROM RIDICULOUSNESS~!

The Oracle

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What that did was eliminate all the extraneous material. The speaker no longer has the latitude to put personal observations into the talk. They also lost latitude in how to develop it, now that it is shorter. This forces them to stick to The Track--a talk that will be the same no matter who delivers it.

It could all be summed up in "You guys are not doing enough. Quit your jobs, now. Put all your savings into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. Get out and pioneer--we don't give a fxxx about your bad back or heart condition. You need to spend 100% of your time knocking on doors, not strolling slowly or taking coffee or donut breaks."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit