Vol 1 & 2, Insight on the Scriptures -- when available?

by Fatfreek 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Please bear with me on this question as I made my exit long ago.

I see that the September, 1988 Kingdom Ministry announced the Insight on the Scriptures volumes as "New Publications Available".

Is it possible that they were made available, perhaps in limited quantities, during the “Divine Justice” summer conventions , which began June 16-19 of that year?

Len Miller

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I am not sure on this Len, but mine are missing from my home. I do believe my JW brother took them thinking I did not want them any more. Funny how they just walked out. That and my All Scriptures Inpired and Beneficial. (That dark Blue book.) Those were the only ones I kept , oh, and the Reasoning and the Theocratic Ministry. I do believe about all are gone. Hmmmm.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Shame on that brother of yours, Decki. I'd promptly remove him from my Christmas card list.:)

Len

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Very Funny Len. I have not cried too hard about it. It just makes it hard to debate on here or join in the anti intelligent fun! Or last night my daughter could not understand why he can be such a Nazi shen thinking because she was in some trouble why he automatically thinks she is a druggy whore slut meth,skankster and all the rest. And I tried to tell her a bit because of his own actions, but a lot because we are taught there is no balance from childhood on.

So we were trying to find the youth book he gave them but of course they tossed them a long time ago, so I had nothing to show them how rediculous the reasoning was. I believe they saw the advice the first time around had a good laugh and tossed them. But now, I have nothing to show something to teach them about why thier uncle is how thier uncle is how he is. Times like this I need some good trash to show them.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Here in Canada, the "Insight on the Scriptures" volumes were released at the "Divine Justice" D.C. in 1988.

Cellist

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Here in Canada, the "Insight on the Scriptures" volumes were released at the "Divine Justice" D.C. in 1988.

Ah -- that's what I was looking for. Thanks, Cellist.

Anyone else?

Len

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Yes, both volumes were released then.

w893/15p.10"InsightontheScriptures"—ANewBibleEncyclopedia***

"Insight

ontheScriptures"—ANewBibleEncyclopedia

AT THE "Divine Justice" District Conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses, announcement was made of the release of a new Bible encyclopedia entitled Insight on the Scriptures. This is a two-volume publication, with a total of 2,560 pages, all of it in clear, readable type. At present it is available only in English, but translation is already well under way in a number of other languages.InsightontheScriptures includes much of what was formerly in the book AidtoBibleUnderstanding and a great deal more. In what respects is it different? Scores of sections have been revised and updated. There are also many new articles as well as added features in InsightontheScriptures.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Times like this I need some good trash to show them.

Eloquently put.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit