BREAK TIME!

by sacolton 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

Is it just me or did breaks seem unusally long - well, at least in the groups I worked in.

We'd do 45 minutes of door-knocking (lots of "not at homes") and take an HOUR break ... sometimes longer! LOL!

Other times we'd just drive around trying to find the street we are supposed to work. Yeaaah, riiiiiight.

Lots of ZEAL in our group!

Anyone got any good BREAK TIME stories?

• brinjen
    brinjen

Man, I was in the wrong congregation. We'd go out for 2-3 hours, then get a 15 min break. A lot of them insisted you don't count the time until you knock on the first door, and breaks weren't to be counted either. Tight asses..

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah, if you get a self-righteous elder in your group - things go to shit. I've heard stories of how some elders would just
    grab a water bottle at break and force everyone back into the car. I guess I was lucky.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Same as brinjen. In my area there were(I was) a bunch of ultra orthodox JW's

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I wish. I pioneered with an ultra-righteous driven group. god I hated it.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Breaks were an all morning thing in Albuquerque, West Sacramento, and Foothill Farms. Can you imagine me a nobody actually pointing out this lack of regard to the group? The attitude usually spilled over into their work too. I made the mistake of working with several jw's and found them to be very lazy.....

• choosing life
    choosing life

Breaks were always a subject of controversy. Some lived for the breaks and others resented them. One sister would refuse to go into the fast food place and sit in the car and read. So we just let her.

I never saw anything wrong with taking a break, especially if it was hot or cold outside and where I live it is usually one or the other. I also refused to stop my time. I figured at work I didn't clock out for a break, so why would I in service?

People were always so uptight about starting and stopping their time. We would all leave the hall at the same time and then some wouldn't allow themselves to start their time until they got their turn to get out of the car. Is that crazy or what? I just ignored them. There was one brother who got a clock with a start and stop feature and he would actually start each person's time when they first got out of the car and then stop it the last time they returned to the car. He would announce it to everyone. I ignored him too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit