Who Are the People Who Glorify God?

by Cold Creek Swimmer 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

This dear friends was the title of the public discourse today. In fact, I am in my truck, on my laptop writing during this momentus public discourse. I actually had to get up and leave because I was so disgusted with the material. 1st of all though, I need to say that the only reason I am actually at this borefest is because I work out of town all week and do not want to sit at home away from my family while they come here. This way I can still be with them, and as I will tell later, have some influence on them.

So, in the introduction of his discourse, he talks about those who build schools, orphanages, and hospitals and help the elderly in the same breath as those who are religious fanatics. Examples include a small country where each year someone is literally crucified like Jesus, and those who perform self-flagellation, inflicting pain on themselves in the name of god. He literally did not miss a beat by listing the fanatics with the actual people who really try and help others.

That was bad enough, but I had to see if he would ever separate them from the fanatics. He did. He talked about the fanatics and how that doesn't glorify god. He then asked the question, "But what if we had the best leaders and the best people in office as mayors and city councilmen to do good works? Is that glorifying god? What about those who build hospitals? Lets turn to the bible." He went to the scripture that asks "But what about those who did good works in your name?" This was then twisted to say that if they were not actually in the preaching work, it did not matter what they were doing, they were not glorifying god. DIsgusting! How can they sit there and listen to that tripe and actually think that by annoying people in the privacy of there homes that they glorify god? How much more does ANY church group bring glory to god when they build an orphanage or a hospital or any other good thing that does actual good for others? Come on already. What an arrogant bunch of bastards!

I'm done ranting. I've had my say, but want to finish my earlier thought. My wife told me this morning that my 13 yr old son no longer wants to be a witness and does not want to go to meetings. I said nothing, but leaped for joy silently. At the assembly, before it started, I took him for a walk. I said "You know how I feel about this stuff right? Here's the deal. I want nothing more than to ave each and every one of you never go to another meeting. I can't stand to be in a religion that teaches hatred. How can you live with a religion that says think exactly like us or we will not talk to you anymore?" I went on to explain that I was keeping my mouth shut so that I didn't get DF'd or kicked out so that when my kids grow up and have kids, I could still associate with them. He thought that was stupid that he would be expected to quit talkig to me and not have me see his kids. I told him he needed to keep the peace with his mom and just go to the meetings, but he does not have to believe what they teach. He thought that was fine and his whole attitude changed.

I feel like I am winning the battle very slowly. Eventually, I will have all of them out and away from the hypocrisy. It will just take more time. Thanks for reading this.

CCS

• real one
    real one

I face a simular situation with a cousin of mine. when i first decided to disassociate myself i lashed out at her on the phone. at first she wanted to understand all the info i gave her but then she started changing the conversation everytime we talked so that let me know she had been told to do that. I hope you do understand that God is real His word is just being twisted in the nwt. the devil is smart. all i do now is pray for her and hope we continue to communicate.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good for you, being so open and honest with your kid. I hope you safely get them all out!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People who live their lives..Instead of..Being told how to live their lives...................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• MMae
    MMae

I bet your wife is amazed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit