I can see clearly now the watchtowers gone

by jacethespace 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

isnt it so strange that the moment that you get away from the watchtower and live life everything soon begins to get better ? At the moment things seem to be looking up for me now.

It seems to me now that a lot of watchtower routine week in and week out is a complete waste of time and effort that could be spent in other more healthy pursuits in life.

As a jw your time is caught up in a never ending pursuit of work,study,meetings,Field circus.Its no wonder all jws want to see the end come about.But could they also be longing for an end to the never ending monotony there in? Ironically enough.

Plus as a jw [ personally for me ] you are constantly feeling tired and worrying about fitting time in to do everything that needs to be done in a given week.Also there is very little time for family especially if your family are none witnesses.I found this intresting when i mentioned to an elder whithin the congregation that my family complained about me never having time for them.He told me his mom was often saying the same things about him.

Then theres good old field circus.Most time i spent in " the field" i feel was wasted as most people see this door to door work as annoying and even if they do have the magazines or even agree to a study most never ever convert to the tower.Its anything but a life saving work.

Its also tiring just trying to keep up the appearance that everythings fine and being a jw makes you oh so happy when thats not true.Or as the elder who lives nextdoor does whenever i see him lately and say hi he walks away whistling.As if whistling shows your happy.Its a front.

In contrast now out of the tower theres plenty of time to plan life and think for yourself.You have plenty of time to take an intrest in family and friends and do good things for others.

I also feel a lot healthier mentally and physically for not having to constantly be running around none stop.And the other thursday when it was time for meetings and the elder left the house next door i didnt feel like i was doing anything wrong when i to walked out the house and said hello and then carried on my own way, maybe next time i,ll whistle too.

The only thing that still bothers me is just not knowing all the answers to where the worlds heading.

But im still waiting for all those demons to pop up and plague me for leaving truth.I guess there on holiday.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Demons where ? Oh man I knew they are out to get me now

I changed my name to Homerovah just so they wouldn't come near

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

this inspired me to re-write the song. Although most of the words fit exactly; so I discovered there wasn't much 're-writing' to do: I Can See Clearly Now I can see clearly now, Watchtower's gone, all obstacles outa my way.... Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day. I think I can make it now, the pain is gone All of the bad feelings have disappeared Here is the rainbow I’ve been prayin for It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day. Look all around, there’s nothin but blue skies Look straight ahead, nothin but blue skies I can see clearly now, Watchtower's gone, all obstacles outa my way.... Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I love this song! xxx SC

• MMae
    MMae
    The only thing that still bothers me is just not knowing all the answers .

Coming from a JW perspective, NOT KNOWING, is ...... Wierd!

I find that FAITH has a whole new meaning. Simple faith that God has a plan, which I have some clues about, but that I really DON'T KNOW.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I haven't been to a single meeting since the 2005 Crapmorial, and I think I know better what's going on in the religion as an apostate than I did while I was in. Now, I realize that all they want is to take away all your fun--there is nothing righteous about that.

Another paradox is that I know the Bible now, as an apostate, than I did while I was an active witless going to all the boasting sessions. Though I still have no interest in religion, I know the Bible enough just from visiting apostate web sites and looking up scriptures online to back up certain items, that I could be able to prove from the Bible some of the more blatant lies they have. Even without having been to a meeting (or a church), I still know the general theme of the Bible better now--in context. No more am I going to volitionally initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud to get someone to believe something I now know is wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit