help question(s) on 1914

by bobld 7 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Per wbts:"you can live forever in paradise on earth" Ch 16

From 607 b.c.e. to 1914 or "the time of the gentiles" During this time,God did not have a Gov't to represent his rulership in the Earth.The command to restore and rebuild the walls of Jerusalem was given in 455 b.c.e. and in 29 c.e. Jesus was baptized.

Per wbts: WT64 P.80 in part

"rebuilding Jerusalem from 537 b.c. forward,to become a holy city with Jehovah's temple of worship"

Q1 When was true worship restored to Jerusalem?

Q2 Who was ruling Jerusalem when the exciled Jews rebuild Jehovah's temple of worship?

Q3 Could the Gentiles be ruling when Jehovah had a holy temple in Jerusalem?

Q4 Explain the discrepancies of the two publications of the GB?

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Bobld, you're looking at this the wrong way.

First you need to smile. Smile wider. No, stop showing your teeth. Now take that gleam out of your eye. Yes, that's it.

Now nod your head, gently, assuredly. Good job... no, don't stop, keep nodding.

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

I don't understand your question, bobld. I don't see the "contradiction". After Jerusalem was rebuilt, there was no kingdom/king that descended from the line of King David and that's what the WTS is referring to. When the Jews went into Babylonian exile, there was a governor appointed to "rule" the city. His name was Gedeliah and he was killed by the Jews. After that, Zerubbabel became governor of Jerusalem appointed by Cyprus. Now this Zerubbabel WAS a descendant of King David and he was an ancestor of Jesus. But even then, he wasn't a king. He was just a governor. After the exile, NO DESCENDANT of David ruled as king over Jerusalem thus there was no earthly kingdom that represented God's rule over the Jews. Justahuman - but super nonetheless

• The Graduate
  • The Graduate
  • The Graduate
    The Graduate

Q1 When was true worship restored to Jerusalem?

Q2 Who was ruling Jerusalem when the exciled Jews rebuild Jehovah's temple of worship?

Q3 Could the Gentiles be ruling when Jehovah had a holy temple in Jerusalem?

Q4 Explain the discrepancies of the two publications of the GB?

Let's take it this way, bobld, in site development, if you want to save every tree or mound there is, not to mention, every protruding twig or branch, you cannot get things done. What to do? Bulldoze the whole area. Of course, a master plan is helpful which you can view from the top, so you can save any desirable tree or natural landmark.

You have to be at a distance to be able to view the whole forest. Your concerns are typical of tunnel mentality, that is, you are inside the forest, so you see the tree including every twig and branch, but you cannot see the whole forest. That's what happened to the GB of the WT.

The Bible is an attempt to chart the future, so in a sense, it is a proposed master plan. But the creative writers of old could only do so much. With all the knowledge we now have in modern science, we can better chart our own destiny, regardless of whether we bulldoze gods or mountains.

I can understand Fadeout.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

As far as 'when true worship was restored to Jerusalem' the JW explanation of this reverts to 'spiritual Jerusalem', or 'new Jerusalem', the heavenly kingdom of 144,000 plus Jesus.

This is not to be confused with 'Heavenly Jerusalem' which is also 'the Jerusalem above', no these are different and are Jehovah's wifelife heavenly organization of angels and him.

I don't remember when they say true worship was restored, probably 1918, after the king was placed on his throne in 1914 and the kingdom established. The 'spiritual' definition means that literal Jerusalem was never again the center of true worship.

I wished I had forgot all this.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks for your response.My take,if God abandoned the nation of Israel (Jews) in 607 bce,why did he have them return to their home land in 537 or 455 bce per wbts to rebuild the holy temple.Why not wait until messiah comes in 29ce.Why does the wbts give two dates in rebuilding Jerusalem?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit