Questions about 1914

by Robman 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robman
    Robman

Hi my name is Rob.

Im glad that i was able to find this forum website. I understand that 1914 (the day of jesus' return) was calculated through the book of daniel. from what i heard the math is based on the year 607 B.C when jerusalem was destroyed. I was wondering where the number 607 B.C came from. I was looking for some evidence so i can better understand the calculations.

thanks,

Rob

• garybuss
    garybuss

Nope! 1914 was calculated by the second Adventists by adding 40 years to 1874. 1874 was calculated by adding 30 years to 1844. 1844 was calculated by adding 1 year to 1843.

Read up on William Miller, then read 3 Worlds, then read Volume 3 of Studies.

• Robman
    Robman

Is the year 607 B.C the fall of jerusalem. If so how do you know 607?

• dust
    dust

It's 607 because that is the year we get if we take 1914 and subtract 2520 years. We know this because the year of the fall of Jerusalem was alleged to be 606 until the exact moment when they also discovered that there was no year zero. (If they hadn't discovered these two things at the exactly same moment, then we'd have a short intermezzo of either 1913 or 1915.) In other words, 1914 is based on being 2520 years after 607, which is based on being 2520 years before 1914.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Truth is only Jehovah's Witnesses belive the destruction of Jerusalem happened in 607 BCE when all other evidence
    shows the actual destruction was either 586 or 587 BCE. This is important because all of the WTBTS doctrine on
    when Christ's Invisible Return, End of the Gentile Times and "This Generation" are hard-coded. Additionally, it also
    makes all the congregations who preach door-to-door "false prophets" to this very day.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

2 Pet 2:1 [NIV] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.

2 Pet 2:2 [NIV] Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

2 Pet 2:3 [NIV] In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

2 Tim 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Jer 14:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.

Jer 14:16 And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.

Deu 13:3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.
    Deu 13:4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

- sacolton

• auxillaryapostate
    auxillaryapostate

No Robman, 607 is not right. Read Jeremiah 25:11. It plainly says "all the nations would servr King Neb. for 70 years". Babylon fell 539. When you add 70 to 539 you get 609. History says King Neb. began ruling in 605 and the Bible at 2Kings25:8-9 says it was Neb. 19th year when Jeresulam was desolated. 605 was his first year so take away 18 more years you get 587 for the desolation. Now the Watchtower Society says Neb. first year is 624 so take away 18 years from 624 you get606. WTS is a lying cult.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

607 is not right. And it came from measuring the great pyramid....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit