Is it really a big deal anymore?

by tsunami_rid3r 3 Replies latest social relationships

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

So what, we were in this religion before, but now we are out of it. I've either put aside a lot of the memories or it just doesn't bother me anymore.

On a similar not iN one of my classes, I have a professor who was in a similar Christian denomination that took the Bible literal. They had their services 3 times a week too. For sure, it isn't the Jehovah's Witnesses. I just forgot the name he said, but he is an interesting fellow and very much reminds me of myself. I can tell he likes to rail against Creationism.

Anyway I love that class, pseudoscience. Today we had a huge debate over evolutionism vs. creationism.

So the origin of life still remains a mystery...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    So what, we were in this religion before, but now we are out of it. I've either put aside a lot of the memories or it just doesn't bother me anymore.

I so envy you having gotten to this point at your age. I've been 'out' since 1992 and carried my big secret silently until around 2005.

It's such a relief to feel free to acknowledge who/what I was, where I came from, and where I'm at now.

I think I made it a bigger deal that it was - as far as being embarrassed, and such. Life is much better for me.

Yours is just beginning and you're doing so many things right. Nice that you found a class and instructor that you enjoy and can relate to .

-Aude.

• AustinJames
    AustinJames

You know it's funny. I still carry "it" around like a secret. I don't share my past life with any of my friends or co-workers. There seems to be a stigma and several preconceived notions about the organization. Do you ever find yourself defending how you were raised? It is weird. I'm angry yet I am still a little touchy about the matter of being a former JW. It sure has ruined my belief in organized religion.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Yep, I carry it like a secret, as well as many other things not related to this religion. I don't think its good conversation to start off with your religious affiliation anyway.

What I'm saying is, I don't really hate this group as much as I used to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit