One Question on UN

by ItsJustMe 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Has the information on JWs belonging to the UN been in any news publications? I casually brought the issue up to my husband, but he laughed and said that of course JWs don't belong to the UN as it is the wild beast. I would like to show him proof, but we all know I can't show him anything I found online.

Anyone?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yes, it was in The Guardian, Mon. Oct. 8 and Mon. Oct. 15 issues. I'm sure you can link to them from Randy's site or earlier posts here. I printed copies of both articles from the paper's website.
    S4

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

PROOF. YOU WANT PROOF? I GOT PROOF!!!!

From Oct 18, 2001 Guardian Weekly. Page 23

Just move your mouse cursor onto the picture. Then right click. Then move to the save section and save the picture into your hard drive. Do the same for the second picture. Then after that you should be able to use any word processor or graphics package to pull the pictures up and print them off.

It all on the big thread - page 11. Click here

( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?site=3&id=13530&page=11

hawk

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Well that font sure is attention-getting!

Thanks for the information. I have been trying locate the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society on the United Nations NGO list on the UN website but can't seem to locate it. Anyone know a link to get me there?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Okay, first off - goooooo to the big thread I just sited. You have a lot of catching up to do.

They are now off the DPI directory and web site. BUT!!!!!

The actual DPI directories are posted which are much more valuable than the URL to the UN. You can verify them at the UNlibrary or your local library that is a "UN depository". Usually a nearby University library.

Oh, Here is the Tablet's news story too

( http://www.thetablet.co.uk/cgi-bin/archive_db.cgi?tablet-00577

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Here is the UN's DPI Directory for 1999-2000. I will let you look up the 1994 Directory in the big thread - hawk

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Thank you Hawk! You have been very generous with your time. ;-)

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oh!!!!

I just got a hold of a 1994 UN DPI brochure that lists the criteria and requirements for existing NGOs who want to associate with DPI.

It is just as damning.

You should find it posted on the big thread likely tomorrow.

Tell your hubby I say Hi.

hawk

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Way to go Hawk. I look forward to the 1994 brochure.

ItsJustMe said:

I have been trying locate the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society on the United Nations NGO list on the UN website but can't seem to locate it. Anyone know a link to get me there?

The WTS is gone from the "main" dpi-ngo list, but Kent posted this link recently, which does still show them listed:

: http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirSubj/sub0D9A2.HTM

TS,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit