Interesting weekend

by DazedAndConfused 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I just spent the weekend with my diehard witness parents. They try hard not to 'show' interest in information I KNOW before they do. Mom has wondered how I know before they do. She says there must be a leak higher up in ranks. We all know they are interested.

Anyway, the weekend I spent with them we, although we try to avoid 'apostate' thoughts, started talking about 'things.' Mom told me that she heard that bethel people are being dispersed from bethel to become pioneers in other territorie is because a major announcement is coming up and the gb is worried about how the r&f are going to take it. In other words, they are trying to do damage control.

She does not know what the announcement is going to be. I might add that my parents are best friends with an elder in their congregation who cannot keep anything to himself. I told her that I have not heard anything difinitive but I told her two of the three things I read here. I told her that I am not sure how true they are because lately what I have read is not reliable due to paradies written. Anyway, I told her that two of the things I heard are: 1) An apostate in the gb. 2) That service is not for everyone. I have not heard the announcement has been announced. Will see them again this weekend.

• Emma
    Emma
    being dispersed from bethel to become pioneers in other territorie is because a major announcement is coming up and the gb is worried about how the r&f are going to take it

I think the elder just made that up. Haven't we heard other, more "plausible" explanations? (Efficiency, cost reduction, etc.)

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

1) An apostate in the gb. 2) That service is not for everyone

Did I miss somthing? When were these two subjects talked about. I don't want to miss any good rumors. Would someone give me the reference to these?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

1) An apostate in the gb. 2) That service is not for everyone

Did I miss somthing? When were these two subjects talked about. I don't want to miss any good rumors. Would someone give me the reference to these?

Yeah I wondered that too. When was it ever said there was an apostate in the GB? BB

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I remember reading some speculation that there is an apostate in the GB. I don't think it could be true - I think they'd have to be true believers and real company men to make it that far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit