The Days if Noah - Is this the new unofficial generation?

by cofty 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
  • hoser
    hoser

Cofty

I find it amazing to hear them defend the overlapping-generation.

I find it amazing they were able to do so. Most Jws have a hard time with it and try to avoid the discussion
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think any jw who is prepared to "man" one of those literature stands in public must be a brick short of a full load---and hardly be likely to engage in a sensible discussion. not far removed from holding up a " the end is nigh" placard

• Half banana
    Half banana

Just had a further thought: 2034 gives about enough time for the present bunch of deluded narcissists at Watchtower HQ to live out their lives basking in the adulation, comfort and wealth as enjoyed by all US ‘televangelists’.

After the "Great disappointment of 2034" to have to sustain the cult beyond that date will then be the poisoned chalice which the next generation of GB members will inherit. It's like a game for each generation played by the incumbents to see how well they can carry it off and still remain in power.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i will be glad if 2034 does get labelled as the end--it will mean that all these older jw's will realise they wont be living through into the new system---and maybe cause a few younger ones to re-think.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

After 2034 comes and go's, then will be the time for a 1914 date change.

"whats that, destruction of Jerusalem happened in 587 and not 607? 1914 must be changed to 1934!!"

And this takes you to 2054 for a new end date.

1934 is a very convenient date:

Hitler becomes Fuhrer

USSR joins league of nations.

You can almost read the script: "World conditions have been deteriorating fast ever since satan got kicked out of heaven in 1934!"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am going to die in this cult.

DD

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When it comes to math-a-magic, the wtbts is the magician. Impossible things happen right before our eyes! They are the best at it!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• sir82
    sir82

I've never heard any JW say anything about 2034 or 120 years.

However, I have known several who feverishly work up mathematical formulas trying to determine this or that about "the end" (envision Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"), so it would not surprise me if some have come to that conclusion.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've never heard any JW say anything about 2034 or 120 years.

I've heard that idea kicked around for years. First time I head it, the theory was 120 years from the 1st issue of the WT (1879 + 120 = 1999). Oops! That didn't work. They come up with this kind of speculation every time it fits into when they WANT it come.

"Maybe" or "Perhaps" or "Could it be possible that" (etc) is always how the explanation of the theory is started. Not much different from WTs use of "evidently", "obviously", "likely", or "it seems reasonable then....".

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit