Letter to WT

by avengers 7 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Below is a letter that I wrote to the Dutch Branch Office of the Watchtower. It is in the native language. I have not yet included a translation in English. As soon as I can I will publish a link so that everyne who is concerned can read the translation. The letter was posted on October 6, 2001. I wonder how long it will take for them to answer. The last time I wrote a letter to the body of elders in Leeuwarden it took them about 6 months to answer. I am waiting!
    Here it is:

The Allied Web Forces

5 November 2001

A.v. Engers
    Holtackers 42
    7824 LB Emmen
    Nederland
    [email protected]

Aan:

Wachttoren Bijbel & Tractaat Genootschap
    Noordbargerweg 77
    7812 AA Emmen
    Nederland

Op 11 Oktober 2001 heeft de Unie van de Verenigde Naties een open fax gepubliceerd.
    Een copy is bijgesloten.

Hieruit blijkt dat de Watchtower in 1991 lidmaatschap heeft aangevraagd bij de V.N.
    In 1992 heeft zij inderdaad lidmaatschap verkregen.

Vanaf 1992 tot 2001 is de Watchtower lid geweest van de V.N.

Bewijzen van deze relatie zijn er in zo’n overvloed dat het moeilijk is om deze relatie te ontkennen.

Mijn vraag aan u is: "Hoe heeft de Watchtower die in haar gehele bestaan de U.N. heeft afgeschilderd als een wild beest een relatie kunnen aangaan met haar terwijl aan alle leden van uw organisatie word gezegd dat een ieder die zich inlaat met deze organisatie tegen God is en dus handelt in strijd met de statuten van de Watchtower.?"

Dit lijkt een paradox op z’n minst gezegd.

Ik zou graag een antwoord willen hebben op deze vraag.

P.S.

Deze brief aan u wordt gepubliceerd op het internet voor iedereen om te lezen.

Afwachtend

dhr. A. van Engers

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

hhhhhhmmmmmm, ok peoples, my greek is a little quagmired but ill go a fair suk 'o de sav..

*** Op 11 Oktober 2001 heeft de Unie van de Verenigde Naties een open fax gepubliceerd. Een copy is bijgesloten.

~~~ on october the 11 th 2001 the natives opened a fax from the public. i enclose a copy.

*** Hieruit blijkt dat de Watchtower in 1991 lidmaatschap heeft aangevraagd bij de V.N.
    In 1992 heeft zij inderdaad lidmaatschap verkregen.

~~~ I hired that watchtower bloke in 1991, hefty bugger big to. In 1992 he ziged off, kreten !!

*** Bewijzen van deze relatie zijn er in zo’n overvloed dat het moeilijk is om deze relatie te ontkennen.

~~~ beware of your relative overloads of heineken.

*** Mijn vraag aan u is: "Hoe heeft de Watchtower die in haar gehele bestaan de U.N. heeft afgeschilderd als een wild beest een relatie kunnen aangaan met haar terwijl aan alle leden van uw organisatie word gezegd dat een ieder die zich inlaat met deze organisatie tegen God is en dus handelt in strijd met de statuten van de Watchtower.?"

~~~Watchtower die her hair wild beast colour organisationally god wasnt impressed ?

*** Dit lijkt een paradox op z’n minst gezegd. Ik zou graag een antwoord willen hebben op deze vraag.

~~~ Lewd minx, they zou'ed when they shoulda zaag'ed.

*** Deze brief aan u wordt gepubliceerd op het internet voor iedereen om te lezen.

~~~ My briefs are for sale on the internet if you would like to peruse them.

....funny letter, wonder what avenger is implying ?

• avengers
    avengers

I guess you should do more research.

• outnfree
    outnfree

avenger,

I don't speak Dutch, but it seems to me (from my few years of German) that your letter is brief, factual and simply requests an explanation of a seeming paradox. I think it will likely get a response (eventually) from the Society.

Bathory,

You are correct -- your Greek is a little quagmired.... and your Dutch, too!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

from Emmen comes the Emmentaler (cheese) and now a request for the soc.
    Are you sure that they will anser you?
    Better is to shoot wholes into the cheese - like the swiss people do than to force durch file and ranks for explanations :-)
    tot ziens

• avengers
    avengers

Outnfree You are right. I only ask for an explanation of a seeming paradox. "How can the Watchtower become a member of what they call a wild beast and at the same time teach its members it's a disgusting thing?

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Avengers, You did well.
    It may be interesting to publish the response here. They will not take long time, but You will only get a precooked answer and they will sell you the idea that there was no filling of aplications, there were no rules for association until 1996 and the watchtower just came to know about that change a few weeks ago, and they wanted to use a library. (To use the library you don't have to appoint a representative, and the society had 3, WOW!)

Happy Day!!

• avengers
    avengers

I got a reply from the WT. I will publish it within a couple of days. It is partially a pre-cooked answer. I will comment on this shortly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit