A little about ourselves...

by feenx 8 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

So as all of us who spend probably more time on this board than we should know, we get to know many things about everyone on here based on their opinions posted about the topics of the day. But what about who we are outside this forum? In a sense we all are still part of a community, yes? So how about a little get to know you session. I'll start.

I am an only child. Definitely made things interesting growing up. After HS I got into newspapers, eventually had my own for a bit, and now I work in commercial printing. Nothing exciting. I still like to write, though haven't gotten anything published in several years. I met my GF a year and a half ago. It's been a challenging and wonderful road to this point, and now we stand poised to move to AZ. She has an audition in a couple weeks for Arizona State University for their masters program, in Opera. Once accepted we'd be moving to Tempe. It would be the first time I would live anywhere else. Coming from a very stationary family it's a bit intimidating. But exciting nonetheless as most places here in Denver remind of something from the "good 'ol days" in the Borg.

I am currently working on a book and a screenplay. For fun right now, I guess we'll see where, if anywhere, it goes once I'm finished.

I love to have a good time with wonderful friends I've made, which usually includes karaoke, dive bars, concerts, Scottish and Irish festivals, camping and whatever mischief we find ourselves that day.

My personal motto goes right along with a T shirt I have: Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

Basically life isn't something to be wasted, so why not have some fun?

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Thanks for sharing, Feenx!

I don't really want to share too much about me on this board. I guess I will say that I started posting in grad school where most classes were online, and I was sitting in front of my computer all day. Since graduating, haven't posted as much.

Recently joined "Meetup" in my area, so met a few people who I remembered posted here. That was cool and lead me to understand that you "posters" DO exist in real life and ARE real people. That was kind of cool. So I started posting more again.

I have a cat, he sleeps on my feet every night.

I am an Obama supporter, but could easily stand behind Hillary too.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Me: I have a younger brother, 17 years my junior, but an awesome guy and we get along really well.

I work for a group of magazines - Caxtons, focusing on their small magazine Country Life (www.countrylife.co.za) I sell advertising space and really do love my job, am good at it and get paid decently for it.

Single - veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery single. I just haven't found someone that compliments me all that well. Though I met a really fabulous guy when I went overseas - only thing he was 21 at the time and I was 29 - I only found out his age when I left - we really connected and THAT was awesome, but he is there and I am here.

I'm not into religion.

I love good food, good wine and good friends - the best kind of evening to be had!!!!

I'm trying to become a fitness freak - I have a few stubby kgs' I'd like to shed.

I love life - hoping to do some travelling at the end of the year again (hmmm maybe go see toyboy overseas)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wow, Loubelle, I want your life, except I want to edit those magazines.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

.................... Okay...........My web-name is Witness 007.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

FlyingHighNow - in exchange for?

• feenx
    feenx

That does sound like quite the nice set up LouBelle :)

I've never been overseas. Once I am able I think I'll have quite a bit of catching up to do!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow - in exchange for?

How about a duplicate?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

FlyingHigh - every watched "The Prestige"

Feenex - I've still got America on my list - only thing it's soooooo big and there are so many places I would like to get too: New York, Washington, New Orleans, Florida, Miami, Texas, California, Las Vegas - for now... oh and where is the Grand Canyon? so so so so so much. You should come to South Africa - don't let our crime scare you off - as long as you can think clearly you should be okay - Will definately show you the sights if you come to Durban.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit