Real friends

by ldrnomo 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Did anybody really have truly good friends when they were deep into the borg or like me was there just really never enough time to cultivate good friendships?

• free2think
    free2think

I never had good friendships, it tended to all be very superficial. When i did get close to people and really got on with them, they left the borg (geniuses).

I always found it really, really hard work being friends with dubs, and i used to wonder why it was so hard, as with my school, college friends it was this hard work lol.

I just got back in contact with one such person, she was df'd and it feels like there was no gap in our friendship, we just clicked back in.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I did...and she's still my best friend. My mom brought her mom (and thus her whole family) into the borg. I've known her since we were 6 years old. (we're 2 weeks apart in age) She was my maid of honor at my wedding...and I hers.... She is the sister I never had (Im an only child) She left the borg first... and I refused to shun her. We've been through thick and thin....and have remained best friends all these years. ...in and now out of the borg. I'd trust her with my life.

Coffee

• heyfea
    heyfea

In my case, I NEVER had any "real" friends. It too was all superficial. Disgusting now that I think about it.

A friend is supposed to be there for you unconditionally. How can a JW be unconditional? Impossible. One could never open up to these people; tell them our weaknesses, our desires, our doubts. If we did, you know we'd end up in front of a panel of elders.

I'm super happy I'm out.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I had one true friend. He's been out now for a lonnnnnnnng time, and we are still BEST friends. We share everything on our minds. We go fishing, drinking, bashing jw's and our 2 older sons are best of friends also. My older son is a dub, his son is not.

NMG

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I thought I had real good freinds....till I stopped attending meetings.

Hope4Others

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I thought I had real good freinds....till I stopped attending meetings.

true for me too.!!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Very few real friends....... but I had fake friends up the butt....tooo many to count or try to remember........lets see fake friends, Adrian, Andrew, Alice, Allison, Alicia, ....now the B's...Bob, Barry, Brett, Brian, Bronnie, Bob Jnr, Briana,...this may take awhile!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit