Isn't it ironic?

by Princess Daisy Boo 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I used to regularly get calls from my Mom (she rarely confronted me face to face for some reason) about my leaving "da troof" and most often, her lectures were met with my silence - I didnt have the confidence to answer her back as to why I left and refused to return. Now - almost 7 months are regularly reading and posting on JWD, I am angry and just itching for an opportunity for me to tell her what I have learned and discovered. The relief at discovering that I wasn't alone is indescribable! The amazing thing is she just doesn't talk to me about it anymore - no more lectures, begging or guilt trips - not even when the oppprtunity is banging on the door. Like when my hubby accidentally mentioned us celebrating Christmas in front of them, or like when she heard my kids singing "happy birthday"... Nothing ... I just have to wonder what's up - she is not the type to stop nagging...?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    The amazing thing is she just doesn't talk to me about it anymore - no more lectures, begging or guilt trips

You should be glad, she not giving you a guilt trip.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Ironic? Perhaps. Splendid more likely?

Enjoy the sensation of release and power. Someday you may be able to help her out of the dark, cold hole that is the WTS.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    "... Nothing ... I just have to wonder what's up - she is not the type to stop nagging...?

She's found silent comfort in knowing you are out, and somehow wants out as well. She probably hasn't believed in years, now she no longer has to fake it to her children, that she still does. You know how parents vicariously live through thier children? Maybe that's how she's held on to the truth, all this time, but thru the faith of her children.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you know, you actually used a really good technique on her - simply not responding. After a while, it takes the power away, and they are left with no way to respond. Keep it up - it's probably cyclical anyway. Next time the WT starts pushing it, she'll be nagging again and you can do the same excellent thing - nothing!!!

• oompa
    oompa

Maybe she has been doing a bit of waking up on her own.........possible?.................oompa

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I think your mother may be afraid of what you would say because it would make her "think" ~ Many JWs tend to hide under the Covers when Confronted with reality; they prefer the Darkness.

Please find comfort knowing she is still in contact with you. That is Precious more than you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit