dubs and the medical profession

by freydi 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• freydi
    freydi

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcj82utsjVg&NR=1

Didn't know exactly how to title this so thought we might just start with the idea of why so many dubs take pills for emotional reasons.

• 5go
    5go

I love how he tries to say that mental illnesses like ADHD are not an illnesses that when he was in school (like there can be any advancement of understanding since then) that there wasn't all these mental illnesses around. So therefore the new ones like ADHD must be made up.

Typical moronic statement designed to do the very thing he accuses the psychiatric profession of. Stigmatising these children as misbehaving (evil and criminal can be inferred from that) and not ill, or suffering from a disease. Which might lead some to reevaluate the way we handle criminals and criminal behavior in the future as well.

• chicken little
    chicken little

If you know that your future happiness relies on 6billion people dying first, it is a little bit difficult to remain joyful and happy. One represses the knowledge and tries to just get on with being a good christian. The negative feelings emerge in dreams and times of stress. Rather than deal with the source many feel that they are depressed without real reason and so begin to take medicine. Quite a lot of jws spend a fortune on alternative medicine first. They try to cheer each other up by saying that the depression is a sign of coping with the last days and it proves we are near the end.

In my congregation we had many sisters suffering with depression and on medication, the brothers who were ill were avoided. I suffered for years myself before I dealt with the real causes. Many who become jws are from abusive backgrounds or emotionally damaged in some way, they are almost programmed to become ill at some point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit