A crazy dream I had a while back.

by Elgiard 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

It's weird because I haven't had anything to do with the JWs for years now, but I still dream about going to the KH very occasionally. The last time I dreamed about going there, there was apparently going to be a special meeting where some hugely important news was going to be announced, and my mom begged me to come with her, until I finally caved. This is weird in itself, because she hasn't had anything to do with the JWs for years either, although I think it's possible she could relapse.

Anyway, we're at the meeting, and this biker guy comes into the auditorium and starts heckling the speaker. Some brothers take him outside, and I'm compelled to go with them to watch the spectacle. I remember being outside for a while, because it was refreshing not bring in the meeting for a while, but eventually I went back inside and it was utter chaos. People were strangling themselves with shoelaces and belts. There were a couple sisters hanging themsleves with electrical cords in the coat closet. Mothers were helping children strangle themselves. It was seriously the most screwed up thing I had ever seen. Walking around in shocked disbelief, I gathered that while I was outside, the elder had read a letter from the GB saying that the End was very near, possibly tomorrow, and that the New Light had shown them that only way to ensure their survival of the Tribulation was to show faith and end their lives now.

So I make my way through the horrid scene, trying to find mom. Two elders had her down behind the literature counter. They had sedated her and were helping her survive the Tribulation too. So I did what I had to do and kicked their faces in, then I threw mom over my shoulder and ran to the car. As I roared out of the driveway they were actually shooting at the car, trying to save us.

At that point I woke up. You know the kind of nitemares where you wake up, and it's like you've just come up out of the water, because you've been too scared to even breath for a while? Well, this was like that. The scariest dreams are the ones that could actually come true, and I think this one really could. Not that my position ever needed any steadying, but after that there's no way I could ever have anything to do with those people again. It was the kind of experience that changes you forever.

I hadn't told anybody about it, because I don't know anyone who would "get it". Has anyone else had a dream like this?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Wow, uh.. Yeah. No I don't think I've ever had a dream like that.

Good luck with that. Let's hope that never happens in my lifetime...

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sounds like a pretty intense dream. I don't ever dream about the jws.

Fortunately, I don't see anything like this happening in this religion. I'm afraid it is more likely to drone on to eternity. There is a lot of symbolism in your dream. You could look into what it means to you.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I had a dream awhile back about my JW days. I had to give a talk and I didn't have anything prepared to say and it was time to go to the mike and start my speach. I always had to have an outline when I was a JW elder. I had to prepare a week or so before giving a Sunday talk.

Ken P.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Welcome Elgiard - I have intense dreams sometimes and some of them are quite bizarre too. When I realised the JW's were a cult I started to investigate other cults such as Jim Jones etc. so the thought has crossed my mind whether the JW's could end in mass suicide too. I just wondered whether the same thought had crossed your mind and maybe caused you to have this type of dream?

Maddie

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I have very intricate, epoc style dreams in living technicolor. Haven't had a dream about the witnesses. Your dream was interesting and pretty easy to interpret don't cha think? What a doozy. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit