Congregation consequences if consenting to transfusion

by 4mylove 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Hubby and I were watching a show on one of those health channels. I believe there was a thread here a few months ago about a gentleman that had a huge hemangioma on his face. Long story short, he is finding it difficult to find a surgeon willing to operate with out him consenting to blood. His sister is so frusterated, she has changed her whole life for him.

There was a part in the show when they are about to leave for London to speak to yet another surgeon, and there appears to be what I would assume to be an elder that comes to "check on his friend". The man sticks to his guns and is adament about no transfusion. ETC

So I ask my hubby, "So if he does decide to consent, what will his situation be in his congregation?" No answer, "Baby?..." to which he responds,"...these little pizzas sure look good!" Poor guy, I guess I should give him credit for watching the whole thing with me.

I never knew this was the next show coming on, but when I saw that poor individual carrying 6lbs on his face, I remembered the thread on this board. I decided to leave it on and see what would happen.

Thoughts?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I found the JWD threads pertaining to this situation but cannot comment right now:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/147960/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/147993/1.ashx

-Aude.

• blondie
    blondie

A jw gets once chance to take a blood transfusion and confess they did wrong and are repentant and be reproved. A second time...............

• oompa
    oompa

My last meeting I cut the arm off the PO with a machette and then asked him if he wanted blood.....................oompa

• R.F.
    R.F.

I thought that consenting to a transfusion has the end result of what the WTS says of you "disassociating yourself" based on your actions? Am I correct?

• 4mylove
    4mylove

See, that's what I assumed also. I'm pretty sure he didn't answer me because he assumes that I know the answer or he just isn't ready to deal with this issue yet.

Once I was in the care with my MIL and SIL and they were talking about a family in their congregation that was fighting a transfusion of a small child. The child ended up getting the transfusion and when my MIL told my SIL, SIL looked like she had seen a ghost. I asked, (playing devils advocate), so what happens now? Crickets could be heard in that moving vehicle. But I couldn't read what that meant to them by their expression. Such weird body language.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit