Is the WBTS still an NGO in other courntire?

by senora 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• senora
    senora

i am new to this site and would be classified as a fader, i just go to maybe one meeting a week and am nearing the end of my fading process.

what bothered me first was the pedophile problem then just reflecting on how crazy jw's act, i think they are too obsessed with worshiping men, especially the GB, elders, CO's, DO's, its just too crazy. i've personally seen elders do some very wrong things and they don't get in trouble at all. then i realized that these men are so corrupt because they don't believe what the WT teaches. they act like they work for a corporation and not God and they have no fear of God either. they are loyal to the org even if it tells them to do something that is clearly wrong, they do it and have no qualms about doing it. i'm very nervous and paranoid but i'm doing what i have to do to have some bit of peace in my life.

so i started doing research on the internet to find out just exactly what kind of an organization i'm a part of and as you all know already, i found out i'm in a cult. yes its a cult alright and a very good one at that. i have to say, they are very good at what they are doing, the power they have over people bogles my mind. i'm just glad my eyes are opened.

so i write all of this to say that in my research i came across the NGO situation. i knew about the affiliation from '91 to 2001 but then i found this video on youtube and it's in german and its basically saying that the WBTS is still an NGO in 2007 with the WTsociety in Russia and Germany. I would like to know your thoughts on the video, is this true?
    because that would mean that the explanation about the library card in 2001 is not true.

i pasted the link below and i also put the title of the video under just in case the link doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUXJtT-aG4k#
    2007-Religionspolitische Diplomatie der Watchtower Society

please take the time to check it out and give me your thoughts.

thanks for reading

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

It looks like They were involved with the following organization:

OSCE

The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe

About
    With 56 States drawn from Europe, Central Asia and America, the OSCE is the world's largest regional security organization, bringing comprehensive and co-operative security to a region that stretches from Vancouver to Vladivostok. It offers a forum for political negotiations and decision-making in the fields of early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation, and puts the political will of the participating States into practice through its unique network of field missions.

If you search this website, you will find that they are listed as participants in the following:

2006 OSCE HUMAN DIMENSION
    IMPLEMENTATION MEETING

Here is the information found in the list of participants:

248 Office of General Counsel for Jehovah's Witnesses
    100 Watchtower Drive; Patterson, NY 12563; U.S.A.
    Mr. Gregory ALLEN
    Associate General Counsel
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: +1-845-306 07 11
    Fax: +1-845-306 07 09

I have not found that they are listed as an NGO with this organization, but they may well be.

This is worth investigating, but I doubt that NGO status here has anything to do with the UN. If they are an NGO associated with this organization, it just simply means that they are one of the non-governmental organization associated with the OSCE.

pseudo

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

It appears that they also attended this meeting:

OSCE Conference on Anti-Semitism and on Other Forms of Intolerance

Cordoba
    8 and 9 June 2005

pseudo

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Seems there were a few lectures in 2006 at the OSCE convention:

http://www.osce.org/conferences/hdim_2006.html?page=documents&author_id=142

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Keep in mind that the real issue is not whether the WTBTS is an NGO or not. By definition, it is an NGO, a Non-governmental Organization, just like many other churches and groups.

The real issue is that back in 1991 they registered with a branch of the UN, the DPI, and in doing so agreed to support the goals of the United Nations.

And as this thread indicates, they continue to get involved -as an NGO- with various events and organizations, many of which are clearly of a political or interfaith nature. Such "worldly" involvement would probably be very surprising to the average dub, who is repeatedly told that as a JW, they must be no part of the world and be politically neutral.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit