Angrier, if possible

by VanillaMocha73 7 Replies latest jw friends

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

So.... On top of everything else I have gone through from this cult..... My mother has moved in with us because her apartment with the JW landlords flooded and they could not be bothered to fix it. So, as a good Christian daughter and son-in-law, we didn't bat an eyelash about collecting her and her belongings and incorporating her into our family. When she needed help moving out, nary a JW showed up to help, nor did they bring an empty box - nothing...... It was my husband (worldy) and I (Df'd apostate type). None of her group offered her so much as a place to stay.

Now, she goes back to visit congregation for going away brunch and the elders pull her in the back room and start saying "Now, you let us know if they abuse you. We are here for you - if your kids abuse you that is a crime." I NEVER..... What sh&t are they thinking? These are men who knew me from childhood... I have done nothing to them.... It makes me SO ANGRY that I want to start suing for slander.

Hello, I am the one who was abused by one of their ranks for years. Were they there for me? NO. They keep the abusers and throw away the abused. I am just so angry .... venting..... Just when I think nothing else can make me hate this organization more.....

Has anyone ever sued for slander and defamation of character and won?

• BFD
    BFD

That is absolutely disgusting! Did you point out to your mom that NONE of her "friends" showed up to help her when she needed them. I don't know how you stop yourself from going to the KH and kicking that idiot in the crotch!

((vm)

BFD

• heathen
    heathen

Really if they were that concerned about abuse they would have given here a place to stay. Those people are the biggest hypocrites on the planet with their "love amongst themselves" and nobody else has any BS ,then when somebody needs something it's wait on jehovah because we can't be bothered . Looks like it's more like wait on satan in this case .LOL

• Gopher
    Gopher

I had 2 different reactions to this.

1. As is often stated here, the best revenge is a well-lived life. If you want revenge on those elders, you and your husband can show her how really good-hearted people you are, in contrast to the suspicions that her former elders were trying to plant.

2. Am I right to assume your mom told you what these elders said? If so, why would she even bother to bring it to your attention. She knows you won't abuse her, otherwise she would likely have never asked to move in with you. Why wouldn't your mom tell the elders they're wrong about their suspicion, or at least just dismiss it? It seems like your mom forgot that sometimes 'silence is golden'.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I'm going to agree with Gopher on this one. Was your mom trying to show you what good guys the elders are by expressing concern that you and your husband would beat her and they'd protect you?? If so, I don't think that was the best way to demonstrate their good intentions...

brunn

• Quandry
    Quandry

When she needed help moving out, nary a JW showed up to help, nor did they bring an empty box - nothing...... It was my husband (worldy) and I (Df'd apostate type). None of her group offered her so much as a place to stay.

Obviously, this is a ploy to make her think that they are interested in her. If they really were, they would NEVER have let her move in with a (gasp) APOSTATE. They would have made arrangements within the "brotherhood."

Please just enjoy the opportunity to have mom with you. She doesn't shun you like some do.

My mom is in a nursing home, and losing her mental capacities. Please don't let those creeps keep you from enjoying the family time you have now.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

I think she said it because she was just as angry that the guy would even talk like that. I don't know if she ripped them a new one - I would love to do so. She is not attending meetings and is currently looking for a new church. (NOT a kingdom hall).

• loosie
    loosie

I would call up that elder and finish what your mom may have left over for you. Rip him a new one. it will feel good. and then go live a good life as the best revenge

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit