Helpless

by rodnico 8 Replies latest jw friends

• rodnico
    rodnico

I don’t post very often to this board. Today I guess I am just frustrated and need some support. While growing up as a witness there was a family around the corner that my mother and I were very close to. They had 2 daughters, and I used to baby-sit for them frequently. My mother told me that both girls had been disfellowshipped they were very young at the time 15 & 17. The younger one came back right away but the older girl left home and moved in with a loser cousin. This was about 3 years ago, after a lot of fretting and research I finally was able to get into contact with the older girl.

At that time I told her she always had a place to stay here in Atlanta, and as long as she went to college (she has so much potential) she could live with me. Then I heard word that she was going to meetings again. And she was re-instated…ARGH. My mother told me again that she was disfellowshipped a second time. So again after a couple months of looking for her I found her email address.

I think I must have been a little too much to handle, my apostate anti-JW self. After a few emails again I extended her the offer to come and stay with me, and go to school. I haven’t heard from her since. It has been about 2 weeks now. So I have been sending web information to her, (she has not responded to any emails) because I fear that she still thinks it is the truth like I did at one point. I am at a complete loss as to what to do now. She has so much potential, and I feel so helpless.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Do you love this girl enough to let her go?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Exactly what I was thinking. You've planted the seeds.

She will come back to you. Give her time.

Never lose hope and never be anything but supportive when she does return.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• LDH
    LDH

Dear Nicole--I haven't been posting much lately but I'm glad I saw this.

Even the Bible says some 'like to have their ears tickled.' Maybe she is one of those, or maybe it will just take a little more time.

The brainwashing is complete; it takes intervention by many people and on many levels to break some people's allegiance to the cult.

Love, Lisa

• ISP
    ISP

Patience is required. It takes time. It can be frustrating but many will stay with the WTS until something effects them personally. That usually happens...so it is a waiting game.

ISP

• serenaj92
    serenaj92

just keep letting her know you are there like my sister did for me. She would keep telling me that no matter what I did, she would always be there for me. Then she would ask me, "Will the JWs be there if later down the road you relized what kind of friends they really are?" So just keep letting this person know you will always be there for her and she will come around eventually. And pray.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You seem fun. May I come live with you in Atlanta if I go to college?

Your friend may just need to have her doubts feel like her own before she is ready to act on them.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

based upon extensive experience I can make a guess and a prediction on this one.
    First the guess, this person will walk away from it when they are ready. Did you say you were sending them controversial material?
    DONT.IT will poison them against YOU.
    The prediction, You have sown, you will reap, it may be a year, two or five, but you will reap.Promise. Your chance WILL come. Thats a REAL prediction.

• rodnico
    rodnico

Thanks everyone! Really all I can do is wait, and if she is ready she will make a move. Thanks for your comments.

Nicole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit