Drug Study In The UK !!!!!!!!

by Maddie 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Maddie
    Maddie

I watched the Horizon Programme on BBC last night and it was an eye-opener. A scientific study listed Britain's 20 most used dangerous drugs in order. Not only did it show that the old classification system of illegal drugs is not a true representation, it shows that so-called legal drug such as alcohol and tobacco are high up on the list above some illegal drugs and result in many more deaths. In Britain, and number 5 on the list is alcohol resulting in 40,000 deaths a year and 180,000 hospital admissions. Tobacco is number 9 and the yearly death toll is 114,000. Cannabis (currently Class C) is number 11 on the list, worse than current Class A Ecstasy and LSD. The worse drug is Heroine with 300,000 users and killing 700 a year. Cocaine is next with 780,000 users and killing 214 a year.

The ratings are not assessed on the number of deaths only, but also other factors such as how addictive the drug is and mental and physical illness resulting from its use.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/

I wonder if the WT will have some "new light" on alcohol and decide to ban JW's from using it at some stage?

Maddie

• megaflower
    megaflower

I highly doubt they would ban alcohol. I cannot tell you how many meetings I have attended and smelled liquor on peoples breath. Iam sure they were self medicating so they could make it through another boring meeting. If they did ban it the hall would be full of tea totlers because they will not give it up.

• senora
    senora

well i'm in the process of fading and i did attend my last circuit assembly recently and they gave almost an entire talk on alcoholism, it was unbelieveable.

i think that talk was about alchol drinking, watchting too much tv and greed (eating too much). they also had demonstrations on drinking and a demonstration on too much tv watching. instead of watching tv, study with the family, i couldn't believe it. to me it was like they don't want us to watch tv at all nor drink at all. and of course it was brought out not having large gatherings at all because people might drink. and it was also brought out not to surf the net.

i was of course nausiated and determined to continue to fade even quicker that initially planned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit