Loyal JW's will have a field day with this

by bboyneko 3 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

.. http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/11/07/military.blood.ap/index.html

Military admits its blood for soldiers is probably tainted and wont be better till late 2003.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Not surprised to read this, Bboy. People familiar with the military know they don't do a good job of taking care of their rank and file soldiers when they get wounded many times. I remember Ron Kovic's book "Born on the 4th of July" infuriated me because of the author's sorry treatment at the VA Hospital after being shot up in Viet Nam.

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."
    (M. Scott Peck: The Road Less Traveled)

• Escargot
    Escargot

I applaud you for posting both sides as issues come up. Truly a thinking person, looking at all facts of the matter. My current viewpoint on Blood is that if other means to sustain your life can be found, then use it.

Also, two JW points:

1. That’s what you get for joining the Military
    2. That what you get for taking blood.

• voltaire
    voltaire

Escargot,

Your position is surely the position taken by doctors. If blood isn't necessary, they aren't likely to give it. All medicine and medical procedures have risks. If the "cure" is riskier than the disease, doctors wouldn't likely recommend it. I think being around the society gives one a skewed view of blood. We are familiar with its risks, but tend to forget about its benefits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit