Would me sending out Barb's CD to JWs be unethical?

by A-Team 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• A-Team
    A-Team

Over on MySpace, I bought up the 5000 page court documents, and they constantally say that those cases were dropped, charges were dropped, etc. I told them that it wasn't, and it got into a cut n paste fest from various Pro JW Sites. I told them this, I can back up what I am saying...If you are too cheap to spend the 30 bucks to buy the CD, I'll torrent it to you! They started backing off, saying "I don't want to really read it" and not answering at all when I 'uped the ante' so to speak. So, if ever a JW takes me up on this offer, would it be OK to do it, or should i tell the JW to stop being cheap and spend the 30 bucks on it?

• oompa
    oompa

I would think you could just make copies for little money and send them, since you are not making money of the gift............oompa

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

A-Team here's what Barbara said on thread -

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/151081/2766581/post.ashx#2766581

In response to Tatiana's question: "... One question.....all the info you posted above, Barbara, is public, right? So, it can be re-posted elsehwhere?"

Barbara said:

"Yes, in the form the information is found on this thread, plus, the "Secrets" Commentary (click on the links in the thread) are all in public domain now and can be distributed or posted anywhere because I've given permission publicly for that distribution.

What is not in public domain is the "Secrets" court documents files in the form they are in as found on the "Secrets" digital CD. I hold the copyright to those compiled pdf formatted court documents.

If anyone who owns the "Secrets" digital CD and wants to print out the court documents and then scan the documents into their computer for distribution on the Internet, etc., you can do it. In that form the printed and scanned documents are not considered my copyrighted material. If you want to do that, it's okay with me. Just don't take the case files containing the court documents as found on the CD and put them on a website as somebody recently did. If you do that, then that's copyright infringement and you break the law.

Barb"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit