Jehovah's Witness Husband Allegedly Wages Holy War on Catholic Wife

by GoddessRachel 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/01/31/local_news/doc47a2324aaf46e080288013.txt

Jehovah's Witness husband allegedly wages holy war on Catholic wife

BY JOURNAL TIMES STAFF

Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:42 PM CST RACINE — A man allegedly threatened to injure and kill his wife after an all-day argument over religion.

The man, 30, is charged with substantial battery, first-degree recklessly endangering safety, false imprisonment and intimidating a witness. If convicted, he could face up to $40,000 in fines and 35 years imprisonment. The Journal Times is not naming the man to protect the identity of his wife and daughter.

According to court records:

Officers were sent to a 21st Street home at 8:23 p.m. Jan. 13, where they found the victim visibly upset and shaken. She said she and her husband had been arguing all day, since she refused to go to a Jehovah’s Witness meeting that morning.

The woman said her husband is a Jehovah’s Witness while she is Catholic. She said he felt she should practice the same religion he does, and that she was lying to their daughter by allowing her to celebrate holidays like Christmas and Easter.

Starting that evening, the woman said their fight escalated. She said her husband has martial arts experience and has told her that he could “punch through steel if he wanted to.”

She said her husband strangled her until she blacked out, held a knife to her throat and threatened to cut her hand off and to kill her.
    At one point, the woman said her husband handed her the phone and pushed 9-1, telling her to push the last number to see what would happen. When she pushed the final 1, her husband threw the phone, breaking it apart. She was once able to run out the front door, but her husband caught her and dragged her back inside.

Eventually, the woman said her husband got some alcohol from the refrigerator and told her he was going to get drunk and jump in Lake Michigan before driving away. Once the woman knew he was gone she grabbed her daughter and went to a neighbor’s house to call police.
  • kls*
    kls*

No one is ignoring this post GR its just that its been posted already

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/152017/1.ashx

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Wow, it's my first read of this. Thanks for posting it. What a piece of shitake. He must be a new MS or pioneer or something.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Shouldn't this be reversed? Catholic verbally abuses & physically abuses jw????? Good read, well he is not getting any brownie points with her.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel
    Shouldn't this be reversed? Catholic verbally abuses & physically abuses jw????? Good read, well he is not getting any brownie points with her.

I don't follow you. The article reads that the JW was being very abusive to his Catholic wife...

Thanks, KLS. I had my stepchildren this weekend so I didn't have time to go on JWD. I got this article in my email and thought it was worth posting, even if it had already been posted. I didn't have time to check the board. I figured some who might not have seen another thread that might exist might appreciate seeing it. No worries.
  • Gopher
    Gopher
    I don't follow you. The article reads that the JW was being very abusive to his Catholic wife...

Rachel, I think what hope4 was saying is that according to the JW's, the Catholics are the worldly/evil people. JW's should be turning out righteous, loving people -- according to their propaganda.

In reality some JW's are just as extreme about imposing their beliefs as anyone in the world.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Thanks, Gopher, that makes sense.

In reality some JW's are just as extreme about imposing their beliefs as anyone in the world.

In some cases more extreme, IMO.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's a link to the main thread on this subject. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/152017/1.ashx

I'm shutting down this thread for administrative reasons only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit